RPI

I will be posting RPI here for both Nebraska and the conference. This will be updated weekly.

Week One - Nebraska's RPI is tied for 125th, SOS is 75, Q4 Record 3-1.

Currently the Big Ten is 4th in conference RPI with Illinois as the team leader at an RPI of 9. The Mountain West, Pac-12, and ACC are all ahead of the Big Ten.

The Big Ten currently has a 25-18 non-conference record.

Source: Warren Nolan

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I only follow husker baseball casually. Does this team have a chance to make some noise in the NCAAs?

NU will go as far as the pitching and defense can take them.  The pitching has been great against the Big Ten, but I wonder how well it will do against better hitting lineups from the SEC, Big 12, or PAC 12.  NU has a 3-game series against Arizona State in May.  That series will be a good barometer for NU's chances in the NCAA tournament.  

35 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

NU will go as far as the pitching and defense can take them.  The pitching has been great against the Big Ten, but I wonder how well it will do against better hitting lineups from the SEC, Big 12, or PAC 12.  NU has a 3-game series against Arizona State in May.  That series will be a good barometer for NU's chances in the NCAA tournament.  

Yeah, I could see them blasting through the Big Ten and the tourney...only to get exposed.

52 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I could see them blasting through the Big Ten and the tourney...only to get exposed.

That may be about the highest position a BIG team can attain.  The Huskers usually don't keep the top talent in the state of Nebraska as those kids want to play in a warm weather year round program.  Erstad had a solid recruiting class (mostly Nebraska and midwest kids with a sprinkling of Texas kids) this past year and they are pulling their weight already.