How Many Towels Should You Own?

How Many Towels Should a Household of Two Own?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My gf and I each have 2 bath towels and each our own hand towel. We both rotate through our bath towels each day and wash the towels every couple weeks. We have other towels for guests though so we might have 8 or so bath towels only. The dog has 4 towels for his baths. Do those count?

Also, wtf is a bath sheet? And why would you need so many wash cloths?

• Plus1 1

When i was married and had 3 kids in the house we had tons of towels. Now its just me i have less.

Another question would be how many towels do you need to take a shower/bath??

My oldest daughter used 3 every time. One to wrap her hair, one to step out onto, and one to dry with. and none were hung up to re-use.ugh 

I use one and hang up to dry for reuse a few times. 

Lol and women with the wash cloths ? idk whats up with that .

It's also dependent on how humid it is where you live. Growing up in Omaha, I had to use two towels at a time and rotated each day which one to use as they took >24 hours to dry out enough to use again. Since I used the pair for about a week, I needed 4 to allow for laundry time. Now living near Denver, I can use just one at a time for about a week, so I can get away with owning just 2, but I have 3 just in case.

I don't know what a bath sheet is though. Maybe that's the same as a bath mat?

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't know what a bath sheet is though. Maybe that's the same as a bath mat?

I found the answer right after I posted:

--------------------

Do a lot of people still use wash cloths in the shower? The shower gel I use lathers up really well so I don't even use a pouf most of the time and I don't think I've ever used a wash cloth.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

College:  1...I would wash it when it finally got that old water smell.

After college:  I think I have like 3 but I pretty much just use one

Girls on the other hand will somehow use about 12 towels a week.

Depends on the girl. My wife only uses two towels at a time for a week.

1 minute ago, GSG said:

--------------------

Do a lot of people still use wash cloths in the shower? The shower gel I use lathers up really well so I don't even use a pouf most of the time and I don't think I've ever used a wash cloth.

So it's a beach towel.

I don't use a wash cloth - they get funky pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, GSG said:

--------------------

Good question, hardly ever.  I can remember some of the wash clothes that I had after college...those things would be sooooooooo gross!

• Plus1 1

We have several sets of towels & replace them probably every 2-3 years. We typically use one towel per person per week, switching them out on the weekends.

We don't have bath sheets because we're not elitist snobs.

We have maybe 300 washcloths (or so, it just seems like it in the makeup bathroom).

I haven't used a washcloth in the shower since I was a little kid, except on rare occasions when I've been doing shovel work or had a super dusty ride like during harvest.