How Many Towels Should You Own?

How Many Towels Should a Household of Two Own?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, GSG said:

Do a lot of people still use wash cloths in the shower? The shower gel I use lathers up really well so I don't even use a pouf most of the time and I don't think I've ever used a wash cloth.

I've frankly never understood the point of wash cloths. Even bar soap lathers fine. Seems weird to put it on cloth then on your body. I just lather it in my hands and rub it all over myself (© Out of Context Quotes).

Anyhow, to answer the OP, I would say 10 towels max for 2 people.

4 bath towels, 4 hand towels for 2 bathrooms, 2 hand towels for the kitchen. We normally just use 5.

Growing up we used a different towel every single time we bathed or showered. So with 4 people that was 28 towels per week. My mom was doing it wrong. Same thing with jeans. New pair every day.

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I've frankly never understood the point of wash cloths. Even bar soap lathers fine. Seems weird to put it on cloth then on your body. I just lather it in my hands and rub it all over myself (© Out of Context Quotes).

Anyhow, to answer the OP, I would say 10 towels max for 2 people.

4 bath towels, 4 hand towels for 2 bathrooms, 2 hand towels for the kitchen. We normally just use 5.

Growing up we used a different towel every single time we bathed or showered. So with 4 people that was 28 towels per week. My mom was doing it wrong. Same thing with jeans. New pair every day.

I suppose maybe the washcloth was used for exfoliating the skin as it’s cleaning you with soap?

4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I don't think I've ever reused a bath towel. I always assumed just gross people did that.

I mean, I'm clean when I dry off with it, and it dries off pretty shortly after.

Also, the internet says every 3 uses:

How often should I wash towels?

Bath towels that are being used once a day to dry off after a shower can be used up to three times before needing to be washed. Hand towels, however, should be changed every one to two days since they are getting used more frequently and might even be drying hands that aren’t completely clean.

Let's start with the question of how often to wash towels, because there's a fairly straightforward answer. Generally speaking, you'll want to launder a towel after it's been used three times.

https://www.today.com/series/one-small-thing/how-often-should-you-wash-bath-towels-t111625

https://www.esquire.com/style/news/a43134/washing-sheets-towels/

• Plus1 2

I see absolutely no reason why, in an average week, anyone needs more than one towel.  If my daughter were the one above that uses three new ones every time she showers......wow.....

So, as far as number needed, I would put it around maybe 4-5 towels for you and your spouse just so you have an extra one in case it needs changed out before laundry.

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I see absolutely no reason why, in an average week, anyone needs more than one towel.  If my daughter were the one above that uses three new ones every time she showers......wow.....

So, as far as number needed, I would put it around maybe 4-5 towels for you and your spouse just so you have an extra one in case it needs changed out before laundry.

It was definitely a source of arguments / fights over the years .