Worst CFB Hires of the Past Decade

Mavric

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Tom Osborne was Bo Pelini's athletic director when Bo famously said "f the fans, f the media, I am so out of here!" after the 2011 Ohio State game.

A game where, in fact, the vast majority of Husker fans stayed in their seats and cheered wildly for the biggest comeback in Nebraska football history. 

The only person not enjoying that historic moment was Bo Pelini, showing the thin-skin and childish behavior that suggested the private Bo was even worse than the public Bo. 

btw....the single point where you agree with Perlman is the whole point we're talking about. 

Well.....the good news is Perlman accomplished his agenda and got rid of both Osborne and Pelini.

In his retirement speech, Perlman reflected perfectly on his impact with Husker football.

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummmm.....I'm pretty sure Bo had attitude issues while TO was AD and TO had to bring him in and talk about it.

So, I'm guessing if TO remained AD, he still would have had issues.

I completely agree with you, but I wonder if someone like TO could eventually get to Bo and help him change (just a little). I am almost certain that Bo's personality was not suited for micromanaging, especially from someone Bo didn't respect. I also think Bo was willing to take football advice from TO, and had TO stayed, maybe Wisconsin doesn't run all over us repeatedly. To sum it up, IMO, TO make Bo a better coach and person, and SE make Bo a worse coach and person.