Tony Tuioti Hired as New DL Coach

SUHperman

1 hour ago, River-runner said:

Best of Luck to Tuioti!

I do find it strange that Frost bring in a stranger, up to now pretty much everyone were folks Scott knows personally.  Does that mean Frost is feeling more comfortable?

I don't think Frost knew Beckton when he started at UCF, but I could be wrong.

The poly connection is huge

ive worked with poly kids 

they are extremely family and poly community oriented- very tight group

the families would go to church together ,then have weekly communal meals . The older kids watched over the younger ones , parents didn’t even have to shush or keep an eye on their younger kids 

unique culture

kids respect authority, work really hard and respect  their parents 

a real step back in time

doubtful we get many poly kids without an anchor here

viola a native Samoan here from California with 7 children and he can lights out coach 

great get by coach frost 

there is a reason harbaugh did a camp in Samoa 

highest density d1 demographic out there 

a samoan is 56 times more likely to play in the nfl than a non Samoan and for some reason many of them are pretty big dudes 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2015/05/21/how-can-tiny-samoa-dominate-the-nfl/amp/

^^^ The question I would still have is a poly kid gonna choose :bigredn: in the next two years (length of time this guy seems to stay) when his degree takes 4-5 years to complete.  On top of that, it takes him two years just to get physically ready to play.

So, I like the hire ... but I don't see major inroads or building blocks in the next two years.  Je has to be here for 4-5 years to be impactful in recruiting poly kids, at least I understand it.

You have to start somewhere

frost has created a very family friendly environment

nu upped his salary by what half or third?

he won’t have to leave due to money like he has done in previous moves 

nu will over pay him if need be thank you big

i knew these people really well- our family friendly culture might be the glue that keeps him here for awhile

the weather not so much

however there are significant pods of polys in colder places like Utah and northern Nevada 

never know

its a great start though 

Other places even high schools targeting these kids 

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95295728

The fact that he is a highly respected coach (based on whom he's worked for), was a part of a resurgent Cal D, has experience at DL and OLB (areas of improvement for NU as well as Coach Dewitt battling cancer) and wants to stop the run all speak to a huge get IMHO.  Throw in recruiting connections, his apparent attention to details etc....I think we see a marked improvement day one.

• Plus1 1