Cam Jurgens NOT injured again

SUHperman

23 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

It was just so funny how I was attacked and rolled eyed for stating he would be consistently injured, not to depend on him playing center let alone being the next rimington 

Detractors said it was a hs thing that our s&c guys would get a handle on

ive seen him sitting on benches multiple times in multiple years due to same injuries

talk to anyone in Beatrice football

they will tell you the same

yet people that have never seen him play and have never talked  to people in Beatrice football will ridicule those who have 

I’m sorry????

36 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

It was just so funny how I was attacked and rolled eyed for stating he would be consistently injured

What are you talking about?

If you're referring to this post you made in this thread about the oline, only one person questioned you. There are zero eye rolls. If you're going to play the victim, and then be smug about it, you should ensure your post history reflects that strategy.

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

What are you talking about?

If you're referring to this post you made in this thread about the oline, only one person questioned you. There are zero eye rolls. If you're going to play the victim, and then be smug about it, you should ensure your post history reflects that strategy.

Ok you’re right 

blitzfirst and one of his buddies thought I was wrong 

no eye rolls 

anyone that knows anything about the situation knows he never plays 

it was a 4 star non padded camp thing 

as to why Riley offered him

chronic injuries be damned 

• Fire 1

29 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Ok you’re right 

blitzfirst and one of his buddies thought I was wrong 

no eye rolls 

1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

I was attacked and rolled eyed

1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

yet people that have never seen him play and have never talked  to people in Beatrice football will ridicule those who have 

lol

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, OTHusker said:

It was just so funny how I was attacked and rolled eyed for stating he would be consistently injured, not to depend on him playing center let alone being the next rimington 

Detractors said it was a hs thing that our s&c guys would get a handle on

ive seen him sitting on benches multiple times in multiple years due to same injuries

talk to anyone in Beatrice football

they will tell you the same

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, wiuhusker said:

Actually barefoot lifting has shown to be very beneficial for the lower extremity if done and programmed properly. I would guess there's just something genetically weaker with Cam's lower half. 

I saw something on this a few weeks ago. I don’t remember exactly but I think it had to do with “free running” or no shoes.

The theory was the our footwear, specifically the padded heel and thick soles,  prevent our foot development when it comes to strength and flexibility.  It was stated that the only reason to even wear footwear in endurance running was because of injuries associated with sharp/rough terrain.

i thought it was it was interesting.

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I saw something on this a few weeks ago. I don’t remember exactly but I think it had to do with “free running” or no shoes.

The theory was the our footwear, specifically the padded heel and thick soles,  prevent our foot development when it comes to strength and flexibility.  It was stated that the only reason to even wear footwear in endurance running was because of injuries associated with sharp/rough terrain.

I mean, if you think of human beings as animals that evolved without the use of technology, it of course makes total sense.

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

I mean, if you think of human beings as animals that evolved without the use of technology, it of course makes total sense.

It’s a little more complicated than that.  I’ll try to find it.  I don’t remember if the podcast was a Dr or Coach.

They also talked about primitive people in other cultures that use their feet a lot more.  These people can climb trees and navigate awkward situations with ease.  A lot of that was attributed to foot strength.

The whole point of the discussion was that current footwear inhibits strength development in the foot and limits the athletes.

Confused?  Kid has had 4 years straight of getting injured, but it is the strength staffs fault for putting on too much weight. Guy was 250 in his and was reported 270 now. That is not a crazy amount of weight to carry. What do we want the staff to keep him at TE?  Not a space TE like the guys we want to feauture  in this offense. 

Hope he he recovers well and wish nothing but the best for him in his future. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Confused?  Kid has had 4 years straight of getting injured, but it is the strength staffs fault for putting on too much weight. Guy was 250 in his and was reported 270 now. That is not a crazy amount of weight to carry. What do we want the staff to keep him at TE?  Not a space TE like the guys we want to feauture  in this offense. 

Hope he he recovers well and wish nothing but the best for him in his future. 

Well he's not 270 now, that's for sure. But like you (and most people) are saying though, it's a stretch to attribute it to the weight gain when it's happened a lot before. I think he would've been fine at TE, he's pretty athletic - but the main skill of his they talked about was great blocking, so in general I like the move to the line. Just a shame he can't stay healthy, hopefully his luck turns around.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You pretty much nailed it. Think of your body as a tree or plant. Your feet are the roots to what we do daily. I have seen many people with back, knee and hip pain have it all attributed back to having weak feet. Now does this mean to go start doing everything you do barefoot? Not really. It's a normal progression just like a weight lifting or running program. But the idea is that if your feet are strong and functioning as they should that it will keep the knee properly in line and functioning, which in turn helps the hips and so on.

This deal with Cam is something other than what is going on in the weight room. With the resources UNL has if there was any sort of warning sign I'm sure the proper precautions would have been taken. Especially given the events of last winter with the rhabdo episodes. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Cam Jurgens NOT injured again