Cam Jurgens NOT injured again

SUHperman

11 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

I’m very confident both broc and jurgens will never be part of a meaningful down here 

i wish them well and have seen both play a number of times 

frost is all about getting football players in who fit the culture

that is why he is in early on some kids who no one else is on 

bando and jurgens were combine and measurement guys 

I don't buy it. Maybe they won't play, but there's absolutely a talent level where young to gamble with an injury history. Martinez missed his senior year with a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder. Henrich was pretty dinged up most of the year - should we have not offered them?

It's also weird to group Bando and Jurgens together. Jurgens is a freak athlete from our backyard, easy choice to offer even with injury risk. Bando was also from Nebraska, but as far as I know there are no injury concerns. He's not as physically talented, but he's on par with other lineman we recruited at the time.

• Plus1 1

I grouped them because both got early stars due to combine and or reputation of school stuff and less on the football on the field stuff

from what I’ve seen with my own eyes and talking to football people in Beatrice jurgens is always injured 

broc rarely dominated in high school

i saw him play a lot when he was here 

img has loads and loads of skill position depth

much easier to make it there on the line 

consistent injury over time  vs a one time injury Are two totally different things 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

I grouped them because both got early stars due to combine and or reputation of school stuff and less on the football on the field stuff

from what I’ve seen with my own eyes and talking to football people in Beatrice jurgens is always injured 

considtent injury over a one a one time injury is the issue 

Bando was a composite .84 aka not highly thought of as a recruit so your narrative is off

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Bando was a composite .84 aka not highly thought of as a recruit so your narrative is off

Never said bando was highly thought of

got early stars ( three) because he went to a highly  rated school and Been going to lots of camps since the 8th grade 

saw him in San Antonio at a camp when he was an 8th grader 

he got recruited because of the img thing

and the stars from camps 

i hope they both play

just don’t see it happening

jurgens is a freak athlete and so is his younger brother

but he has been injured 4 years in a row now

seen too many of these to think it’s just bad luck 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

broc rarely dominated in high school

i saw him play a lot when he was here 

img has loads and loads of skill position depth

much easier to make it there on the line 

consistent injury over time  vs a one time injury Are two totally different things 

thought about recruits

must go to Beatrice now?

no, don't really care

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Never said bando was highly thought of

got early stars ( three) because he went to a highly  rated school and Been going to lots of camps since the 8th grade 

saw him in San Antonio at a camp when he was an 8th grader 

he got recruited because of the img thing

and the stars from camps 

i hope they both play

just don’t see it happening

jurgens is a freak athlete and so is his younger brother

but he has been injured 4 years in a row now

seen too many of these to think it’s just bad luck 

the grammar not good

formatting not good either

extra line spacing

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 2

I dunno man, I think you're in the minority with your view any way you slice it. Jurgens was injured a lot, yes. But it wasn't just measurables, he dominates on his film like you would expect a high-level player to do at Beatrice. Totally worth the risk IMO, especially with a college S&C program to hopefully keep him healthier. Maybe he really can't stay healthy, but if he does it's a home run and it's not like Tre Bryant where he has no cartilage left in his knees. For Bando's offer I don't think we were getting anyone with much more talent, so I like taking the hometown kid who cares about the program.

Your best example of measurables over actual football skill was Mapieu over Bryson Williams, that was pure idiocy from Diaco and whoever that former assistant GM consultant was. Even then most fans were fine with the Mapieu offer, just not at the expense of William's offer. Based on measurables/football I think Frost and Co. still would've taken Mapieu, his biggest problem was academics.

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I dunno man, I think you're in the minority with your view any way you slice it. Jurgens was injured a lot, yes. But it wasn't just measurables, he dominates on his film like you would expect a high-level player to do at Beatrice. Totally worth the risk IMO, especially with a college S&C program to hopefully keep him healthier. Maybe he really can't stay healthy, but if he does it's a home run and it's not like Tre Bryant where he has no cartilage left in his knees. For Bando's offer I don't think we were getting anyone with much more talent, so I like taking the hometown kid who cares about the program.

Your best example of measurables over actual football skill was Mapieu over Bryson Williams, that was pure idiocy from Diaco and whoever that former assistant GM consultant was. Even then most fans were fine with the Mapieu offer, just not at the expense of William's offer. Based on measurables/football I think Frost and Co. still would've taken Mapieu, his biggest problem was academics.

....which, Frost tried to remedy, and Williams chose to stick to his guns. 

25 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

The whole Mapieu over Williams was completely stupid.  It should never have been we are only taking one guy and we want x.  Solid 3 star defensive linemen in your own backyard don't just grow on trees.  They both should have been offered and if they both excepted the offer should have been taken.  

Jurgens may never play a down, because he is always injured, you never know.  But the guy is a talent and he is only a RS freshman it would be stupid to not have offered him a scholarship.  There was a TE that came out of Millard West back when Solich was coach.  Guy was actually a high 4 star or 5.  Never saw the field because he was always injured don't remember his name.  

• Plus1 2

55 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yes amazing athlete but jurgens didn’t dominate any of the  games I saw him play and yes he did take a few snaps as a wildcat quarterback

but his high school career stats were just 1100 receiving yards 14 ypc and 514 rushing yards at 5.2 ypc

not dominating by any stretch 

that is 4 years of varsity football 

• Thanks 1

There's no reason Jurgens should've gone anywhere but Nebraska. He was a division one caliber kid even with his injuries, and there's a greater potential upside to having him than not. He was a three star kid with interest/offers from other serious division one schools.

If he had gone somewhere else and been successful, that would've been inexcusable. If he goes to Nebraska and either can't get over injuries or turns out not to be a significant contributor, that's more forgivable. It may not be a wholly rational viewpoint but it's one that a lot of people hold.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
39 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Yes amazing athlete but jurgens didn’t dominate any of the  games I saw him play and yes he did take a few snaps as a wildcat quarterback

but his high school career stats were just 1100 receiving yards 14 ypc and 514 rushing yards at 5.2 ypc

It's not all about numbers, he mostly played TE and they moved him around as needed. At least on film he was a devastating blocker - against weaker competition sure, but he was destroying people when he was out there. Hickman had 1300 receiving yards and no rushing yards that I see, and most people are very excited about him. HS TEs just don't put up numbers.

There were many guys in-state which we let slip away or they did not want to join the train wreck established in Lincoln at the given time.  Many went on to play D-1 level ball and were fairly successful and several on the Iowa roster shoved it down Nebraska's throat throughout college.  

Jurgens is an athlete, but I think the trend of injury is not going away anytime soon.  Was he dumb to offer, no as the upside is way better than having another instate kid go to a B1G school and kick our butts.  If he does not work out, well he is 1 of 85 scholarships and heaven knows we wasted a lot more than just 1 scholarship over the last 10 years (most every guy Riley offered).

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

OT your non-sence is filling the posts up with plenty of faces! :hellloooo

• Mavric changed the title to Cam Jurgens NOT injured again