Cam Jurgens NOT injured again

SUHperman

5 hours ago, OTHusker said:

Riley passed on several Nebraska kids he should have taken

Bryson Williams says hello

instead he goes for a combine performer who was consistently injured in high schooL and Broc Bando whose claim to fame is a stint at img where nearly every player is automatically s 3 star and broc will never break the 3 deep

pelini did the same thing

both were wrong 

I don't know that Pelini did the same thing. He seemed to go after quite a few Nebraska guys. Pelini screwed up by only offering preferred walk-ons to class c and d Nebraska kids. Iowa benefited from this by getting Nathan Bazata and Drew Ott- I'm sure there are others. But I don't think he neglected Nebraska to near the extent Callahan and Riley did. 

6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I don't know that Pelini did the same thing. He seemed to go after quite a few Nebraska guys. Pelini screwed up by only offering preferred walk-ons to class c and d Nebraska kids. Iowa benefited from this by getting Nathan Bazata and Drew Ott- I'm sure there are others. But I don't think he neglected Nebraska to near the extent Callahan and Riley did. 

I would agree with some of that-  he did seem to have more respect for local kids than Callahan and Riley. 

However Pelini didnt respect Nebraska talent to a huge extent either. He and his coaches didnt spend very much face time around the typical HS hotbeds in Nebraska- most HS coaches will tell you that. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, OTHusker said:

I would agree with some of that-  he did seem to have more respect for local kids than Callahan and Riley. 

However Pelini didnt respect Nebraska talent to a huge extent either. He and his coaches didnt spend very much face time around the typical HS hotbeds in Nebraska- most HS coaches will tell you that. 

Pelini didn't value instate talent.  He always wanted to evaluate them at camp before he offered.  NU lost out on Harrison Phillips because he slow played him.  The kid wanted to come to Nebraska but didn't have an offer.  Visits Stanford gets an offer and accepts it a few days later,  then Nebraska offers.  Only offers Ott and Bazata walk on stuff and Iowa offers full rides.  He doesn't offer those guys but it reaching for guys like Donovan Vestal and Walker Ashburn.  Only offers Noah Fant as a DE.  Kid doesn't want to play DE wants to play TE. Riley tried to get back in on him, but it was too late.   Going to be a second round draft choice.  Doesn't offer but one of the Prater twins, they are a package deal.  They go  to Iowa.  Sean Fisher's little brother goes to Iowa because dad a former husker can't stand Pelini. 

Callahan was worse, Riley wasn't here long enough to look down on Nebraska talent.  

Everyone of those guys that went to Iowa played quite a bit.  Ott, Fant and one of the Prater twins was all conference. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

It's not all about numbers, he mostly played TE and they moved him around as needed. At least on film he was a devastating blocker - against weaker competition sure, but he was destroying people when he was out there. Hickman had 1300 receiving yards and no rushing yards that I see, and most people are very excited about him. HS TEs just don't put up numbers.

Yes he blocked well that Is very true 

the games I watched 

he played:

tight end

split end

h back

fullback

widcat quarterback

linebacker 

he he missed a lot of later season games 

long shot at best

yes I can see why you wouldn’t want to pass on him and by some miracle he shakes the injury bug and blows it up

his brother is a real baller too

not as big 

1 hour ago, NUinID said:

Pelini didn't value instate talent.  He always wanted to evaluate them at camp before he offered.  NU lost out on Harrison Phillips because he slow played him.  The kid wanted to come to Nebraska but didn't have an offer.  Visits Stanford gets an offer and accepts it a few days later,  then Nebraska offers.  Only offers Ott and Bazata walk on stuff and Iowa offers full rides.  He doesn't offer those guys but it reaching for guys like Donovan Vestal and Walker Ashburn.  Only offers Noah Fant as a DE.  Kid doesn't want to play DE wants to play TE. Riley tried to get back in on him, but it was too late.   Going to be a second round draft choice.  Doesn't offer but one of the Prater twins, they are a package deal.  They go  to Iowa.  Sean Fisher's little brother goes to Iowa because dad a former husker can't stand Pelini. 

Callahan was worse, Riley wasn't here long enough to look down on Nebraska talent.  

Everyone of those guys that went to Iowa played quite a bit.  Ott, Fant and one of the Prater twins was all conference. 

Harrison Phillips was a total whiff

i agree

prater twins from Omaha central

jay ball drove those kids to ic not sure Iowa would have paid for an official

they were a bit of a reach academically behavior etc

think they were late adds 

Riley was totally incompetent 

pelini hated recruiting 

neither had it right when it came to Nebraska kids jmo 

2 hours ago, OTHusker said:

5 Nebraska kids in his first full year

I'm not trying to diminish the importance of getting the legit in-state kids, but there was also noticeably more legit Power 5 talent in the state in this class than there has been in a long time.  2020 will be back to more normal where there will probably only be 3 (4 at the most) kids get Husker offers.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

A haiku is 5, 7, 5. Try again.

Dang it! I thought I counted it correctly but Pelini is 3 not 2 and line 2 was just bad math. I counted six but thought it was 7.....:bang  Should've said "worser".

I'll practice more.  Oops, sorry for the capitalization and punctuation.....

edit-

I suck at haiku

I am a lazy dumb a$$

I will try harder

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Cam Jurgens NOT injured again