Cam Jurgens NOT injured again

SUHperman

20 hours ago, knapplc said:

Not sure how it would work in a restaurant, but try this at home. It's (almost) foolproof.

2-Minute Hollandaise Sauce

15 hours ago, Sker fer life said:

My version uses a double boiler and whisk,  started off with a white wine and shallot reduction.   It takes longer than two minutes though.  

If you want a version that's flexible on timing, I've had good success using this sous vide one:

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/can-t-f-it-up-eggs-benedict

You can leave the hollandaise in the sous vide bath for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, just blend it whenever you're ready, and pour straight from the blender.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

If you want a version that's flexible on timing, I've had good success using this sous vide one:

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/can-t-f-it-up-eggs-benedict

You can leave the hollandaise in the sous vide bath for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, just blend it whenever you're ready, and pour straight from the blender.

Precision control of temperature,   I like it.

17 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Jeez...I hadn't read this thread yet, so came to the last page first.  Is Cam Jurgens actually mentioned earlier on?  Has he become a sous chef or what?

Yes.

Cam Jurgens will never play a down for Nebraska and will have to work at McDonald’s for the rest of his life. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

A few things from the spring game:

1) On zone plays and inside screens, he can get to that second level quick and he’s driving people when he gets there. LBs really need to have their head on a swivel.

2] He is still undersized, but he didn’t really struggle much because he did a good job of sinking his hips and keeping his pad level low. 

If this scrimmage is any indication of how his spring has went, it’s clear why he’s running with the 1s. His natural athleticism helps, but he’s physical and he’s picking up the technical side very quickly.

• Plus1 4
  • 1 month later...

22 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Do you have any information beyond what someone's Mom posted on facebook?

Looking around at other forums, someone's buddy saw Jurgens in a boot downtown. I suppose if someone has a link to Cam's mom's FB saying he broke it and had surgery then that'd be pretty certain, but if it's just because someone saw them wearing a boot, that's not much to worry about.

They put these guys in boots all the time for recovery. I saw a prominent LB wearing a boot middle of the week last season, but the following Saturday he was out on the field running around like crazy.

Presuming he did break his foot, unless we know what was broken and how bad the fracture was, even knowing there's been a break doesn't tell us much.