SUHperman

Cam Jurgens NOT injured again

On 3/4/2019 at 1:11 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Granite City Sunday brunch buffet.  The eggs Benedict were very good.

Was the hollandaise sauce real or powdered ?

2 minutes ago, Sker fer life said:

I was a server there in college and although I never saw them make it, I'm pretty sure it's real.  Amazing sunday brunch.

7 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I was a server there in college and although I never saw them make it, I'm pretty sure it's real.  Amazing sunday brunch.

Hollandaise is really sensitive,  if it was real I'd be surprised if it was in a steam table.

4 minutes ago, Sker fer life said:

Hollandaise is really sensitive,  if it was real I'd be surprised if it was in a steam table.

Fair point.  I thought they always said it was all made from scratch but I could be wrong about that.  It sure didn't taste like it was from powder.

2 hours ago, Huskr25 said:

lol look at Bando's rank history. He was ranked a 3 star before he even went to IMG. so you're just trying to spitball to make your arguments valid - which, imo, are not valid. Good try though

That simply isn’t true

Broc finished his sophomore year 2014  at southeast as an honorable mention and no stars 

honorable mention guys in Nebraska aren’t getting 3 star rankings prior to the next season

his mom enrolled him at img for his junior year so he could earn a scholarship

she was sold on the idea that he wasn’t getting enough exposure here by his private Lincoln speed trainer 

He didn’t have the stars  before he left 

and I followed it very closely 

• Eyeroll 2

16 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Broc finished his sophomore year st southeast as an honorable mention and no stars 

his mom enrolled him at img so he could earn a scholarship

she was sold on the idea that he wasn’t getting enough exposure here by his speed trainer 

had he had the stars  before he left she would not have spent the money at img

single parent

How is this remotely relevant? And regardless I would say it worked anyway, he shows offers from K State, Georgia, and Mississippi State. Whether he was rated because he went to IMG or not, we weren't the only school after him. He's got a lot of time to make an impact yet, and frankly the fact that he's still on the team makes him one of the more successful 2017 recruits to date.

• Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

How is this remotely relevant? And regardless I would say it worked anyway, he shows offers from K State, Georgia, and Mississippi State. Whether he was rated because he went to IMG or not, we weren't the only school after him. He's got a lot of time to make an impact yet, and frankly the fact that he's still on the team makes him one of the more successful 2017 recruits to date.

The point is He was not ranked while he was here in Nebraska after his 2014 season where he was just honorable mention- that is a fact 

he must have been ljs honorable mention - I read it somewhere back then

omaha world herald doesn’t have him as even honorable mention

so nobody knew about him until he went to img https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/football/nebraska-high-school-football-all-class-teams-honorable-mentions/article_90f9f3a9-92e9-54b3-9592-77289c4eb7a4.html

thats why he went to img- that is what we were discussing

he went to img to:

to get stars 

recognition

and a scholarship

which he didn’t get until he played at img 

Iirc he played more d than offense when he first got there 

his early Hudl film had more d stuff than o

i don’t think he started right off the bat 

then kinda came into his own on offense - loved playing at img 

Yes my point was it did work out thanks to the img affiliation and some camp work / that was my contention from the start 

highly unlikely georgia or Mississippi state are interested in him if he was at Lincoln se instead of img right? 

Those teams were picking over the entire img team for prospects 

kansas state maybe but they take Lower ranked kids all the time 

he has wanted to play at nu since he was 7-8 years old

had to go to img to make that happen for a guy like Riley 

great kid, but hasnt cracked the 3 deep

hasnt been mentioned in any press to speak of  And probably won’t play 

yes I agree with you

rileys recruiting stunk 

anyone who plays at img is going to get a bunch of attention

lincoln se not as much 

• Eyeroll 6

On 3/6/2019 at 12:34 PM, Sker fer life said:

On 3/6/2019 at 12:38 PM, RedSavage said:

On 3/6/2019 at 12:48 PM, Sker fer life said:

On 3/6/2019 at 12:54 PM, RedSavage said:

Fair point.  I thought they always said it was all made from scratch but I could be wrong about that.  It sure didn't taste like it was from powder.

I had no idea powdered Hollandaise sauce was a real thing.

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I had no idea powdered Hollandaise sauce was a real thing.

Yeah hollondaise is a real pain to make from scratch and keep it consistent and especially in a faster restaurant. Most places are gonna use powder or premade hollondaise so it doesn't break. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Yeah hollondaise is a real pain to make from scratch and keep it consistent and especially in a faster restaurant. Most places are gonna use powder or premade hollondaise so it doesn't break. 

Not sure how it would work in a restaurant, but try this at home. It's (almost) foolproof.

2-Minute Hollandaise Sauce

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not sure how it would work in a restaurant, but try this at home. It's (almost) foolproof.

I won't take this recipe seriously until I see multiple separate single-post threads about it with photos.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

My version uses a double boiler and whisk,  started off with a white wine and shallot reduction.   It takes longer than two minutes though.  

4 hours ago, Ulty said:

I won't take this recipe seriously until I see multiple separate single-post threads about it with photos.

Soooo tempted to start just such a thread.  But I won’t.  You’re welcome.

20 hours ago, knapplc said:

15 hours ago, Sker fer life said:

My version uses a double boiler and whisk,  started off with a white wine and shallot reduction.   It takes longer than two minutes though.  

If you want a version that's flexible on timing, I've had good success using this sous vide one:

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/can-t-f-it-up-eggs-benedict

You can leave the hollandaise in the sous vide bath for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, just blend it whenever you're ready, and pour straight from the blender.

• Plus1 1

Hollandaise HuskerBoard is my favorite HuskerBoard. :D

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Hollandaise HuskerBoard is my favorite HuskerBoard. :D

I think my favorite part is that the entire city of Beatrice knows that Cam hates hollandaise, it’s common knowledge to real fans. 

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

If you want a version that's flexible on timing, I've had good success using this sous vide one:

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/can-t-f-it-up-eggs-benedict

You can leave the hollandaise in the sous vide bath for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, just blend it whenever you're ready, and pour straight from the blender.

Precision control of temperature,   I like it.

Jeez...I hadn't read this thread yet, so came to the last page first.  Is Cam Jurgens actually mentioned earlier on?  Has he become a sous chef or what?

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Jeez...I hadn't read this thread yet, so came to the last page first.  Is Cam Jurgens actually mentioned earlier on?  Has he become a sous chef or what?

Yes.

Cam Jurgens will never play a down for Nebraska and will have to work at McDonald’s for the rest of his life. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

• Haha 2
  • Eyeroll 2

3 hours ago, Husker03 said:

I think my favorite part is that the entire city of Beatrice knows that Cam hates hollandaise, it’s common knowledge to real fans. 

You're not allowed to share facts like that in here.

• Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Upvote 1

A few things from the spring game:

1) On zone plays and inside screens, he can get to that second level quick and he’s driving people when he gets there. LBs really need to have their head on a swivel.

2] He is still undersized, but he didn’t really struggle much because he did a good job of sinking his hips and keeping his pad level low. 

If this scrimmage is any indication of how his spring has went, it’s clear why he’s running with the 1s. His natural athleticism helps, but he’s physical and he’s picking up the technical side very quickly.

• Plus1 4

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Might need to change the thread title again...

Do you have any information beyond what someone's Mom posted on facebook?

22 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Do you have any information beyond what someone's Mom posted on facebook?

Looking around at other forums, someone's buddy saw Jurgens in a boot downtown. I suppose if someone has a link to Cam's mom's FB saying he broke it and had surgery then that'd be pretty certain, but if it's just because someone saw them wearing a boot, that's not much to worry about.

They put these guys in boots all the time for recovery. I saw a prominent LB wearing a boot middle of the week last season, but the following Saturday he was out on the field running around like crazy.

Presuming he did break his foot, unless we know what was broken and how bad the fracture was, even knowing there's been a break doesn't tell us much.

• Eyeroll 2

Not sure if he is injured but I do think he is one to watch since switching to center. Putting on weight really fast over the course of only 6 months - 1 year can always be troublesome to your knees, ankles, and feet. 

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

SSO on HM is going with it,  so that should be confirmation.

Image result for i don't speak spanish

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

SSO on HM is going with it,  so that should be confirmation.

I presume "HM" is HuskerMax. No idea who or what "SSO" is.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Image result for Aliens man

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

SSO is Short Side Option, he is a guy that I believe was probably a walk on player in the 90's that knows a lot about what is going on with the FB program and Baseball program.  He is usually right.  

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

HM is HuskerMax and yes, SSO is short for Short Side Option. If there's anyone on that board that would know the info and what they're talking about, it would be him. 

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, NUinID said:

SSO is Short Side Option, he is a guy that I believe was probably a walk on player in the 90's that knows a lot about what is going on with the FB program and Baseball program.  He is usually right.  

Just now, davesnothere said:

HM is HuskerMax and yes, SSO is short for Short Side Option. If there's anyone on that board that would know the info and what they're talking about, it would be him.  

Does this person specify the nature/severity of this break?

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Does this person specify the nature/severity of this break?

No, he just confirmed what was posted.  Someone was reading Jurgen;'s mom FB page or something.  He said the cat was out of the bag.   

On 2/27/2019 at 10:02 PM, JJ Husker said:

Crap. Now we're going to have to send somebody to Beatrice to get the real story. Anybody know somebody with naturally strong connections in Beatrice? And we don't want anybody who's afraid to say "told ya so"......because, you know, that's so endearing.

I"m actually heading to the bar in Pickrell (a small town north of Beatrice that Jurgens is actually from) tomorrow after work.  I will ask my sources there what's going on. Best I do it right away because the bar there is cheap and the drinks are strong.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, darkhorse85 said:

I"m actually heading to the bar in Pickrell (a small town north of Beatrice that Jurgens is actually from) tomorrow after work.  I will ask my sources there what's going on. Best I do it right away because the bar there is cheap and the drinks are strong.

ROAD TRIP!

It's a fun bar.  Come on, everyone.  I have a van with tinted windows.  Just push aside the rope and duct tape and we can all fit.

image.jpeg.40c4ea694f28c4df2d09b7b8421b9fe1.jpeg

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Did he have pins or screws put in after his last break? Maybe he had those removed and the boot is for recovery? 

5 hours ago, darkhorse85 said:

It's a fun bar.  Come on, everyone.  I have a van with tinted windows.  Just push aside the rope and duct tape and we can all fit.

Not unless you’re also offering candy and/or soliciting help in finding a lost puppy.  But especially the candy.

9 hours ago, darkhorse85 said:

gWzgyWU.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, darkhorse85 said:

When party buses show up as there is very few people in the bar. 

14 hours ago, darkhorse85 said:

5K0ASmy.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

When party buses show up as there is very few people in the bar. 

It's funny to see those kids come in there, especially if they're not from a small town.  I was in there once when a bus came in before a sorority/frat formal.  The girls happened to be from my wife's old sorority at UNL and they were very surprised that I went to college.  My wife cracked up when I told her that.

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Did not know this.  No wonder he's a total freak athlete.  She was one hell of an athlete.  

I think I remember Jurgens and Frost kind of bonding over this.  Their mothers were both excellent throwers.  Heck, Jurgens and Frost were both darn good throwers too.