Football Facilities: What would you want included?

teachercd

56 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Frankly I wouldn’t do too much for the player’s beyond what is needed to either support the larger roster or improve performance. They haven’t won anything for a long time but the fans were always there with their support.  Spend on something that rewards the fans.  I want things like water slides, merry go rounds or other such frills to be things that former players can point out to current players as something that exists because he won _____ when he played.

Yea but to be fair these type of facility upgrades can help attract more talent which then in turn can produce more winning. 

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

Frankly I wouldn’t do too much for the player’s beyond what is needed to either support the larger roster or improve performance. They haven’t won anything for a long time but the fans were always there with their support.  Spend on something that rewards the fans.  I want things like water slides, merry go rounds or other such frills to be things that former players can point out to current players as something that exists because he won _____ when he played.

This is the attitude I always have....but....sadly, today that won't help recruiting.

There is so much absolutely wasted for no other reason than to impress 18 year old egotistical kids so they come play for Nebraska.  So much doesn't add anything to their ability to excel on the field or in the class room.

I would love for more money to be spent on something the fans can enjoy....like totally renovating south stadium...etc.  

BUT....that's not the sports world we live in.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is the attitude I always have....but....sadly, today that won't help recruiting.

There is so much absolutely wasted for no other reason than to impress 18 year old egotistical kids so they come play for Nebraska.  So much doesn't add anything to their ability to excel on the field or in the class room.

I would love for more money to be spent on something the fans can enjoy....like totally renovating south stadium...etc.  

If you don't spend the money to impress the kids, then there wouldn't be anything to spend money on for the fans to enjoy, because the fans wouldn't come and watch, because the team would be awful, because we didn't compete in recruiting. 

Also we have probably the best academic support system in the nation as far as student athletes go so I would disagree with that part of your assertion.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I’m not sure I want kids who need a lazy river to come play for us. Suh would not have donated millions to put in a lazy river.     I’d rather have a heisman level player instead of a lazy river player.