OLB Coach Jovan Dewitt has Throat Cancer

Mavric

First and foremost I hope he’s ok and let him take all the time off he needs (hopefully not permanent).  But man, losing our dline coach and now our lb coach cant be doing us any favors on defense.  Sometimes it feels like this team just can’t catch a break.  And it’s felt that way for wayyy too long.  

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Frost better take note.  I'd hate to see his coaching career come to a screeching halt.

No kidding, hope he thinks of this every time he goes to put a wad of chew in his mouth...

• Plus1 3

11 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Frost better take note.  I'd hate to see his coaching career come to a screeching halt.

2 hours ago, huskered17 said:

Hope coach Dewitt can beat it. I had it on the tongue way back in the throat. That was 11 yrs ago and still doing fine. Mayo clinic in Phoenix was just great. No chemo or radiation needed. New laser type of surgery back then.

Good luck coach.

GBR!!!

Glad to hear you beat it!  My father died in his late 50s of lymphoma he got from agent orange dumped on soldiers in the jungle in Vietnam.  My grandmother in law smoked for 40 years and lived to be 93.  Cancer is unpredictable with who it hits and you never know what will happen, but not chewing for decades is a good start if he wants to be around for his kiddo and wife long term.  (And coaching the Huskers for 25 years!)

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, runningblind said:

Glad to hear you beat it!  My father died in his late 50s of lymphoma he got from agent orange dumped on soldiers in the jungle in Vietnam.  My grandmother in law smoked for 40 years and lived to be 93.  Cancer is unpredictable with who it hits and you never know what will happen, but not chewing for decades is a good start if he wants to be around for his kiddo and wife long term.  (And coaching the Huskers for 25 years!)

Wait...did your grandma start smoking in her 50's?