JUCO DT Perrion Winfrey [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

29 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Winfrey Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Oklahoma
    • Mississippi State

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO DT Perrion Winfrey [Oklahoma Commit]

13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It's early. I'm guessing we flip at least 1 player who picks someone else over us especially if we have a good season.

Yeah, I'm hoping for this as well.

I said at about this time last year that we would have a bit of a hard time recruiting the "big fish" coming off a 4-8 season.  I was hopeful that we'd show quick signs of improvement and that would lead to some quick interest in recruiting.  Unfortunately getting off to an 0-6 start didn't qualify.

So now we're kind of delayed a year looking for the same thing.  I don't think we have a lot of trouble selling what we have to offensive skill guys.  But I'm really hoping we can get rolling on the field to turn some heads with other recruits.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Mavric said:

"big fish"

Not trying to derail the thread but Cochoran? Literally and figuratively. Maybe his location helps a lot and the big fish of more fruitful lands will come later. I dont disagree that with double digits wins for guys like Winfrey will definitely help. He is a juco* transfer too, so I imagine he's looking for success now. Which makes sense he'd be looking at teams that were in the playoffs last year as a opposed to a team that went 4-8. My guess is he'd rate that school higher than even a coaching staff he likes better.

We've got one great player though, thats for sure.

8 hours ago, Tfeek said:

Not trying to derail the thread but Cochoran? Literally and figuratively. Maybe his location helps a lot and the big fish of more fruitful lands will come later. I dont disagree that with double digits wins for guys like Winfrey will definitely help. He is a juco* transfer too, so I imagine he's looking for success now. Which makes sense he'd be looking at teams that were in the playoffs last year as a opposed to a team that went 4-8. My guess is he'd rate that school higher than even a coaching staff he likes better.

We've got one great player though, thats for sure.

I didn't say we wouldn't get any.  We got some last year as well.

Just that it's not nearly as easy.

7 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Hutmacher is a must get.  That would ease this pain.  This dude chose faster than I expected.  I guess that whole "I'll be back" thing was not too legit.  Were us and OU the only visits he made?  

If we get Hutmacher and Sekona I think we're solid

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO DT Perrion Winfrey [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]