Mavric

JUCO DT Perrion Winfrey [Oklahoma Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Perrion Winfrey

Hometown: Roselle, Illinois

School: Iowa Western Community College

Position: Defensive Tackle

Height: 6-5

Weight: 290

40 Time

Power 5 Offers: Iowa State, Miami, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite

Rivals
ESPN: 

Hudl

They have a team rule that they can't take visits until after the semester but he said he's "definitely" visiting Nebraska this summer.

Said he didn't have any other schools he was planning on vising (for now).

• Plus1 1

This kid deserves more buzz. Has a great jump off the ball, strong push, and athletic for his size. Would make a great 3-4 DE 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Is this a new thing we're doing for photos? Haven't seen that in the background before.

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Is this a new thing we're doing for photos? Haven't seen that in the background before.

I don't recall seeing that before either.

Maybe a bit too washed-out at the top gut the idea looks good.

Said his visit to Nebraska was great and that he and his friends visited the field and he left feeling mesmerized.  Said the coaching staff really treats you like family.  He's planning to decide by the end of summer.  

Also said he loved coach Tuioti and said coach Frost is a great guy and one of the chillest people he's ever met.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

I love that we are making inroads to Iowa Western CC.  They are in our back yard and previous coaches acted like they were on the other side of the world.

• Plus1 2

On 5/26/2019 at 10:29 PM, TonyStalloni said:

I love that we are making inroads to Iowa Western CC.  They are in our back yard and previous coaches acted like they were on the other side of the world.

Maybe IWCC thought the same lol

• Plus1 1

https://huskercorner.com/2019/05/27/nebraska-football-perrion-winfrey-raves/ :bonez

https://oklahoman.com/article/5633479/ou-football-juco-linemans-visit-could-help-boost-sooners-defensive-recruiting  :ou1:

Hehe.  This guy is immediate impact for us.  I think playing time here is more certain than the OU's and Bama's at this time.  Short window to showcase what he can do so think we should be in it.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Fong and Warren CB’s for OU

We will be playing against him it looks like. 

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

It's early. I'm guessing we flip at least 1 player who picks someone else over us especially if we have a good season.

13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It's early. I'm guessing we flip at least 1 player who picks someone else over us especially if we have a good season.

Yeah, I'm hoping for this as well.

I said at about this time last year that we would have a bit of a hard time recruiting the "big fish" coming off a 4-8 season.  I was hopeful that we'd show quick signs of improvement and that would lead to some quick interest in recruiting.  Unfortunately getting off to an 0-6 start didn't qualify.

So now we're kind of delayed a year looking for the same thing.  I don't think we have a lot of trouble selling what we have to offensive skill guys.  But I'm really hoping we can get rolling on the field to turn some heads with other recruits.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

"big fish"

Not trying to derail the thread but Cochoran? Literally and figuratively. Maybe his location helps a lot and the big fish of more fruitful lands will come later. I dont disagree that with double digits wins for guys like Winfrey will definitely help. He is a juco* transfer too, so I imagine he's looking for success now. Which makes sense he'd be looking at teams that were in the playoffs last year as a opposed to a team that went 4-8. My guess is he'd rate that school higher than even a coaching staff he likes better.

We've got one great player though, thats for sure.

Hutmacher is a must get.  That would ease this pain.  This dude chose faster than I expected.  I guess that whole "I'll be back" thing was not too legit.  Were us and OU the only visits he made?  

8 hours ago, Tfeek said:

Not trying to derail the thread but Cochoran? Literally and figuratively. Maybe his location helps a lot and the big fish of more fruitful lands will come later. I dont disagree that with double digits wins for guys like Winfrey will definitely help. He is a juco* transfer too, so I imagine he's looking for success now. Which makes sense he'd be looking at teams that were in the playoffs last year as a opposed to a team that went 4-8. My guess is he'd rate that school higher than even a coaching staff he likes better.

We've got one great player though, thats for sure.

I didn't say we wouldn't get any.  We got some last year as well.

Just that it's not nearly as easy.

7 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Hutmacher is a must get.  That would ease this pain.  This dude chose faster than I expected.  I guess that whole "I'll be back" thing was not too legit.  Were us and OU the only visits he made?  

If we get Hutmacher and Sekona I think we're solid