DT Jamar Sekona [USC - Signed LOI]

HUSKERBOARD PREDICTOR  

45 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Sekona Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

My guess is in this recruiting cycle we need to jump into the 12-18 overall recruiting rankings, which means somewhere between 10-12 4* type guys (at a minimum).  For me, it seems when we come across a DL type guy as a fan base we seem to think about how we can move these guys to the OL.  I'm still of the mindset that we need the "big nasty's" on the DL!  What I'm hopeful for is that if we can only bring in 10-12 4* type guys that all of them on the DL or DE are 4* and projecting high and expected to contribute in the second year of the program.  All that to say, this guy seems more like the lower trajectory of what we really need at the position.  Don't get me wrong, love to get him ... just stating more of the "top" and "bottom" of what I think we the staff wants to get moving forward.

This guys comments of the Spring Game are quite the "sales pitch" of what you would want every recruit to experience and go back home feeling.  Hope he comes to the :bigredn: !

16 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

My guess is in this recruiting cycle we need to jump into the 12-18 overall recruiting rankings, which means somewhere between 10-12 4* type guys (at a minimum).  For me, it seems when we come across a DL type guy as a fan base we seem to think about how we can move these guys to the OL.  I'm still off the mindset that we need the "big nasty's" on the DL!  What I'm hopeful for is that if we can only bring in 10-12 4* type guys that all of them on the DL or DE are 4* and projecting high and expected to contribute in the second year of the program.  All that to say, this guy seems more like the lower trajectory of what we really need at the position.  Don't get me wrong, love to get him ... just stating more of the "top" and "bottom" of what I think we the staff wants to get moving forward.

This guys comments of the Spring Game are quite the "sales pitch" of what you would want every recruit to experience and go back home feeling.  Hope he comes to the :bigredn: !

I think that is fair.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Jamar Sekona [USC - Signed LOI]