DT Jamar Sekona [USC - Signed LOI]

HUSKERBOARD PREDICTOR  

45 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Sekona Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

I have been sitting on this take for a while.

I know Tuioti has been traveling and trying to convince CA kids to come to Nebraska, but I can't help to notice the lack of interest from D-lineman in this cycle. If Nebraska does not get Jamar, who is a legit get for us? Nash is pre Tuioti so I don't really count him. I know its early but we are not in a position to reach on D-lineman or miss. 

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I know Tuioti has been traveling and trying to convince CA kids to come to Nebraska, but I can't help to notice the lack of interest from D-lineman in this cycle. If Nebraska does not get Jamar, who is a legit get for us? Nash is pre Tuioti so I don't really count him. I know its early but we are not in a position to reach on D-lineman or miss. 

Little early for that take, but it could develop as we get deeper into this class.  I think this guy works hard on the recruiting trail and results will follow.  If we lose a Cali kid to any team besides usc then I would maybe worry a bit.  It is hard for west coast kids to turn down the Trojans.  

3 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Little early for that take, but it could develop as we get deeper into this class.  I think this guy works hard on the recruiting trail and results will follow.  If we lose a Cali kid to any team besides usc then I would maybe worry a bit.  It is hard for west coast kids to turn down the Trojans.  

In-season recruiting is going to be huge for us. I keep saying this, but Nebraska has to beat tOSU. The momentum of that will surpass the field, and open up the recruitment of players committed elsewhere, D-lineman included. 

• Plus1 2

46 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

If we hold onto Jahkeem Green, I'm not gonna worry about his recruiting.

46 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

We aren't exactly killing it on the defensive side in general.  We were very fortunate to have two huge gets almost in our backyard.  Not trying to take anything away from the coaches recruiting those guys but it really helps when they are close.

But other than Nash and Gunnerson, we have a lot of work to do all over.  When you've been 4-8 the past two years been on the poor end of the defensive spectrum for several years, you have ground to make up.  It's a lot easier for these guys to sell offense - especially when our offense was very good later last year.  We REALLY need to get off to a good start this year to help attract some attention.

• Plus1 7
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

We aren't exactly killing it on the defensive side in general.  We were very fortunate to have two huge gets almost in our backyard.  Not trying to take anything away from the coaches recruiting those guys but it really helps when they are close.

But other than Nash and Gunnerson, we have a lot of work to do all over.  When you've been 4-8 the past two years been on the poor end of the defensive spectrum for several years, you have ground to make up.  It's a lot easier for these guys to sell offense - especially when our offense was very good later last year.  We REALLY need to get off to a good start this year to help attract some attention.

I couldn't agree more. I have already considered this as Flipping Season for Nebraska this year. I will also take it a step further and say that Nebraska has to beat tOSU. Not only will it help the team, but it will give Nebraska the tangible evidence that they are missing right now. 

• Plus1 2

39 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

If we miss out on Sekona and Green yeesh. These misses are starting to pile up.

The staff has over achieved in recruiting on the back of two straight 4-8 seasons. This thing won't go any higher until results are put on the field.  

Put up or shut up time. GBR baby! It's about to get fun.

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Jamar Sekona [USC - Signed LOI]