LB Brandon Herron

Teaser from rivals...titled, "It almost happened" (as in him committing to us)

The Nebraska Huskers came very close to getting their seventh verbal commitment approximately 10 days ago. The quick and talented 6-foot-2, 198-pound Brandon Herron from Fort Bend Dulles High School in Sugarland, Texas was all set to pull the trigger, but he has decided to wait. How long has he had the offer from the Huskers and how do they stack up with the other top programs? Will he commit soon?

link

Rivals: :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star

The free story on Rivals says he's really close.

Should end up as a :star:star:star:star if he has a good year.

Stay tuned. We are the favorites.

He really wants to commit, dad wants him to wait and visit the campus. I wouldn't be surprised to see him visit early in the year or before the season and commit then. Kid seems like a stud with loads of potential.

Dirty Dale chimes in :

Their ability is simple, but that is about it.  I'll be shocked if Herron stays committed to us after he makes it official and "tells the world".  His daddy wants him close to home and family always wins out.  If if he visits, they'll love it and talk about it, but when they go home and a Big XII south program offers, he'll jump ship.  Hate to be negative, but this it is already developing just by reading his quotes. 
Dirty Dale chimes in :

I didn't know Benard had an alter ego... :lol:

Seriously though, I think he will be N soon and stick with it. I have been wrong about things before, but I don't get the impression that he will bolt for a Texas school. Some people underestimate the coaches ability to sell the program to kids AND to their parents.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Visit: September 1, 2006

Scholarship Offers: Nebraska, Arizona, K-State, Missouri, Oklahoma State

Favorite: Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:NR

Rivals: #21/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star

Assessing The Talent: A fast guy with a mean streak, supposedly he blows guys up and is just a flat out gamer. A little small but 20LBS of muscle can be obtained in a college program.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 35%