The Cult of Trump & other false loyalties

3 hours ago, commando said:

nope...not a cult

Trump said more than just "I am the chosen one"....he said it specifically about taking on China in trade....yet "ironically" Mack didn't put it all in quotes.

And why did David Mack choose to capitalize chosen one?

Stephen Ross said in an interview that Trump might be the only one willing to take on China.

So yeah.....only bits and pieces, including some out of context or lacking background info, are reported.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Trump said more than just "I am the chosen one"....he said it specifically about taking on China in trade....yet "ironically" Mack didn't put it all in quotes.

Stephen Ross said in an interview that Trump might be the only one willing to take on China.

So yeah.....only bits and pieces, including some out of context or lacking background info, are reported.

Image result for mental gymnastics

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

yep...part of the cult

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

TheSker is kinda right.

The context here is that other politicians haven't been willing to challenge China on trade, and many if not most politicians could have gotten away with this little "chosen one" joke.

But this is the day after Trump promoted the idea that Good Jews consider him King of Israel and the Second Coming of God, and that Bad Jews vote Democrat.

The day before he wanted to buy Greenland. 

So nobody is really misrepresenting this delusional train wreck of a President. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

TheSker is kinda right.

The context here is that other politicians haven't been willing to challenge China on trade, and many if not most politicians could have gotten away with this little "chosen one" joke.

But this is the day after Trump promoted the idea that Good Jews consider him King of Israel and the Second Coming of God, and that Bad Jews vote Democrat.

The day before he wanted to buy Greenland. 

So nobody is really misrepresenting this delusional train wreck of a President. 

Here's the thing Guy......and I appreciate the partial acknowledgement......there are things that go on behind the scenes in big time politics and business that are simply beyond our sphere of knowledge and influence.

Trump should absolutely lose the 2020 election in the biggest landslide in history if even some of the "info" on this board is correct.

So......

How confident are we that Trump will even lose, much less in a landslide?

Just posing the question......

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Here's the thing Guy......and I appreciate the partial acknowledgement......there are things that go on behind the scenes in big time politics and business that are simply beyond our sphere of knowledge and influence.

Trump should absolutely lose the 2020 election in the biggest landslide in history if even some of the "info" on this board is correct.

So......

well....it's all fake news to the true believers of the chosen one. 

16 minutes ago, TheSker said:

So......

Not confident at all.

I'm reading the polls about all the Democrat candidates with double digit leads over Trump, and his supposedly eroding support among Republicans.

And I still wouldn't bet on Trump losing. I think everyone's radar was broken in 2016.

The problem is that most of the "info" on this board IS correct, and none of it is a shock anymore. America willingly elected a race-baiting nationalist and vindictive con man in 2016, and his core supporters have never wavered even as Trump got worse. Can't blame Fake News or Huskerboard bias. It's all right there in the President's Tweets. 

He's a sick f#&%ing man, but we're a sick f#&%ing country.

Prove me wrong, America. 

• Plus1 4

22 minutes ago, TheSker said:

So......

I have no doubt Trump will lose the popular vote. But we both understand that doesn’t matter.

The reason doubt exists is because there are a lot of people that realize Trump is horrible at this President thing, but at least he’s playing for the GOP.  Instead of demanding a different candidate they will be willing to hold their noses and vote for him over a Dem.  You are right that influential people are backing him, and  they are reaping the rewards from this Presidency.  Those people would rather make money with a dope than lose money with a well spoken descent human. I can’t blame them as far as money and power goes. (An argument could definitely be made on moral grounds though).

The fear is that their is enough people coming out on the positive end to invest enough money to get people to vote against their own values and best interests to re-elect the douche-canoe.

Signed a “liberal P&R poster” begging for John Kasich to challenge this son of a bitch!

• Plus1 2
53 minutes ago, TheSker said:

So......

you are saying that if half of what the fake news claimed was true trump will lose in a landslide.

history says that's not the case.

there was a german politician who referred to the  lugenpresse (or fake news) constantly criticizing him and he won. 

if that unnamed german  can beat the fake news...so can trump.    they find ways to con the common  people and gain influential people to their side with power and money.  

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, TheSker said:

So......

Some variables are at play as well-

1.  What does China do - back down on tariffs and allow Trump to 'win' but America lose - long term, or do they stay firm on tariffs and Trump loses the farm vote, the rust belt vote - if so, Trump loses in a landslide.  Trump rolled the dice and I think will lose the gamble.

2. The economy - does it eek out one more year of growth before a recession hits or do we start to enter the recession in 2020?  This morning I heard that Dept of Labor had to revise down the 2018 job growth by 500K jobs.  Job growth of 2018 basically matched that of 2016. Thus Trump's booming economy isn't so booming.  Not to mention the drag of tariffs, the fading tax cut, etc.

3. Who the Dems nominate - Biden may be able to stand toe to toe wt Trump on the debate stage,  Harris will out debate him, Warren will sound more knowledgable on policy (even if one may not agree wt all of it)  I think Bernie still scares people. 

My gut feeling: of the purple/blue states that Trump won in 2016 - Wisc, Mi, Pa - I think Trump gets only one as he hasn't brought back all of those manufacturing jobs he promised.  I think Florida flips back to the Dem side.  If these things happen, Trump is toast and his next stop is to sit before a judge facing charges related to the things Mueller could not indite him on.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Some variables are at play as well-

1.  What does China do - back down on tariffs and allow Trump to 'win' but America lose - long term, or do they stay firm on tariffs and Trump loses the farm vote, the rust belt vote - if so, Trump loses in a landslide.  Trump rolled the dice and I think will lose the gamble.

2. The economy - does it eek out one more year of growth before a recession hits or do we start to enter the recession in 2020?  This morning I heard that Dept of Labor had to revise down the 2018 job growth by 500K jobs.  Job growth of 2018 basically matched that of 2016. Thus Trump's booming economy isn't so booming.  Not to mention the drag of tariffs, the fading tax cut, etc.

3. Who the Dems nominate - Biden may be able to stand toe to toe wt Trump on the debate stage,  Harris will out debate him, Warren will sound more knowledgable on policy (even if one may not agree wt all of it)  I think Bernie still scares people. 

My gut feeling: of the purple/blue states that Trump won in 2016 - Wisc, Mi, Pa - I think Trump gets only one as he hasn't brought back all of those manufacturing jobs he promised.  I think Florida flips back to the Dem side.  If these things happen, Trump is toast and his next stop is to sit before a judge facing charges related to the things Mueller could not indite him on.

Like I said, if posts like this on Huskerboard are correct, Trump will lose in a landslide.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Like I said, if posts like this on Huskerboard are correct, Trump will lose in a landslide.

What makes you think its not correct? What has Trump accomplished that makes you think we will come out ahead on China? 'If posts like this are correct' what is that supposed to mean? Everything TG posted is correct unless you live in Trumps alternate reality.