The Cult of Trump & other false loyalties

More on Trump's Cultish Messiah Delusion Derangement Syndrom 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-talks-serving-14-more-105232627.html

“Let me tell you. In six years – or maybe 10 or maybe 14, right? – in six years, when I’m not here, the New York Times goes out of business very quickly.”

The suggestion he could continue as president beyond 2025 – when he would be required by the constitution to step down – appeared likely a joke, albeit one he has repeated with increasing regularity in recent months.

It also came on a day in which Mr Trump, even by his standards, dominated the news agenda by veering wildly between partisan attacks, blatant mistruths, and authoritarian proposals.

On Wednesday, he:

Previous examples of Mr Trump's flirtation with unlimited term limits include a June tweet in which he floated the idea American voters could demand he stay at the White House beyond 2025.

“The good news is that at the end of 6 years, after America has been made GREAT again and I leave the beautiful White House (do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT),” he said

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

So amazingly --- words cannot express it.  The guy is literally Amendment 25,Article 4 nuts.   We all know Hitler was deranged - we are seeing it before our own eyes now.   In my post on fascism  in the Angry Right thread   one of the key characteristics of fascism is an over the top emphasis on the military - both in power and in image.  You might notice how so many dictators of the past had a chest full of metals - even thought they weren't military people.  I think it goes back to what  Rubio said in the debates  about 'small hands'.  So to make one feel big - metals are needed to sooth the insecure & conflicted mind. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Like I said, if posts like this on Huskerboard are correct, Trump will lose in a landslide.

You insist on missing the point.

Trump was a verifiable a$$h@!e in 2016, with a long public history of immoral personal behavior, reckless business practices, bald-faced lies, social media addiction, and petty vendettas.

He ran a campaign catering to the fears of white America, and it worked. He's the same a$$h@!e 63 million Americans already voted for. 

So why use the word "if"? 

The posts on Huskerboard are correct. And Trump could easily win again.

That's just where we are. 

• Plus1 2

good read

http://erickarlan.com/remembranceproject.html

Indeed the values and attitude of leaders throughout history are mirrored by the masses under their control. Standards of ideals and behaviors are elevated and lowered in accordance with their leadership. As students, we need to understand the precious and awesome responsibility we assume when we vote in elections. We are not just voting for individuals but often for a moral blueprint upon which a chapter of history will be written.

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, commando said:

good read

http://erickarlan.com/remembranceproject.html

Indeed the values and attitude of leaders throughout history are mirrored by the masses under their control. Standards of ideals and behaviors are elevated and lowered in accordance with their leadership. As students, we need to understand the precious and awesome responsibility we assume when we vote in elections. We are not just voting for individuals but often for a moral blueprint upon which a chapter of history will be written.

amazing story. I didn't know anything about it.  Umm   got me thinking - If Trump decided to round up every illegal in this country, what would we do?