The Cult of Trump & other false loyalties

• 2 months later...

Good Grief is there not be a clearer picture of the Cult of Trump than this?   Trump in his arrogance believes it to be true.  Mark my words, he will go down in history as one of the bottom tier presidents of all time.  He took over a growing economy, no major wars taking the credit  and he has divided the country and is plunging us into greater debt.  Yet Lou Dobbs,  a fox business guy, praises Trump as greater than Washington .. yes George Washington.  Delusional :ahhhhhhhh

https://www.mediaite.com/news/dear-leader-goes-full-circle-trump-praises-great-lou-dobbs-for-praising-trump-as-greatest-president-in-us-history/

President Donald Trump took self-aggrandizement full circle at his Kentucky campaign rally, offering fulsome praise for the “great” Fox Business host Lou Dobbs for offering his own fulsome praise of Trump, when he recently lauded him the “greatest president in the history of our country.”

Trump, who routinely gives shout outs to to those Fox News and Fox Business personalities that he deems sufficiently loyal, kept up this rally tradition. And while primetime host Sean Hannity is perhaps Trump’s most consistent fan and confidant, Dobbs has carved out a niche as being the most willing to offer absurdly hagiographic paeans to this president.

This unrepentant fealty has clearly registered, as Trump singled out Dobbs for special recognition Monday night, while also taking time to repeat Dobbs’ claim that Trump ranks first among all presidents in US history. It’s worth noting that, earlier this year, presidential scholars ranked Trump the third worst president, just above Andrew Johnson, who was the first to be impeached.

“I was watching the other night, the great Lou Dobbs,” Trump told rallygoers in Lexington’s Rupp Arena. “He said, when Trump took over,— when Trump took over, President Trump, he used to say ‘Trump is a great president,’ then he said ‘the greatest president since Ronald Reagan,’ then he said ‘No, no, Trump is an even better president than Ronald Reagan.’ And now he has me down as the greatest president in the history of our country, including George Washington and Abraham Lincoln!”

Is Lou Dobbs the new Baghdad Bob?

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/lou-dobbs-goes-full-dear-leader-media-ignoring-sunshine-beaming-throughout-trumps-winner-center/

Fox Business host Lou Dobbs closed out his show by recounting a visit to the White House with superlatives approaching propaganda levels, praising the “sunshine” in the administration.

“A lot is happening in Washington and across this great country of ours. And it’s because we have a president who is a true leader. And I believe will be regarded as one of this country’s greatest presidents,” he said.

Dobbs, an informal adviser to President Donald Trump, visited the White House this week and was reporting back his findings of the Trump administration on Lou Dobbs Tonight Thursday.

Unsurprisingly, Dobbs was extremely positive about what he saw and said the media was ignoring the positives of Trump’s administration.

“The mood in that White House couldn’t be more positive and high energy,” he said. “I have seen a number of White Houses. I saw this one in its early days and I saw it now. The joint is hopping.”

“This White House is energized, there’s sunshine beaming throughout the place and on almost every face. It’s winner and winning center, and our president is at the top of his game … this president is reveling in it all,” Dobbs said.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Good Grief is there not be a clearer picture of the Cult of Trump than this?   Trump in his arrogance believes it to be true.  Mark my words, he will go down in history as one of the bottom tier presidents of all time.  He took over a growing economy, no major wars taking the credit  and he has divided the country and is plunging us into greater debt.  Yet Lou Dobbs,  a fox business guy, praises Trump as greater than Washington .. yes George Washington.  Delusional :ahhhhhhhh

https://www.mediaite.com/news/dear-leader-goes-full-circle-trump-praises-great-lou-dobbs-for-praising-trump-as-greatest-president-in-us-history/

Is Lou Dobbs the new Baghdad Bob?

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/lou-dobbs-goes-full-dear-leader-media-ignoring-sunshine-beaming-throughout-trumps-winner-center/

I think this is what you boys refer to as a circle jerk right?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

My goodness. I mean even if you like the guy, best President ever?? You know you are lying to yourself at that point right?? These people have to know deep down that isn't even close to being true.

Ok, I know it is going over the top when we bring up the extremes and it comes across as hyperbolic  but I can image all of the 'Brown Shirts" doing the same thing in Hitler's presence.  Hitler had the power and he in turn 'empowers' those who were the most loyal. 

Dobbs, Hannity, all of the fawning GOP Senators and Congress men/women want to feast at the table of power.  They adulterate themselves to be able to taste of its intoxicating flavors and they want more and more.  Dobbs wants ratings - he gets those through praising the one who has the power.  They are selling their souls to eat at the table.  No different than Esau selling his birthright to Jacob for a bowl of oatmeal.  You give up what you cannot afford to lose (integrity, journalistic independence) for that which you cannot afford to keep - power & loyalty to a person who has no loyalties but to himself. 

I heard a speaker a long time ago  tell a story of  being approached by a lady of the night  on the streets of Minneapolis.   His response to her 'offer' was that "He could not afford the high price of cheap living.'   Dobbs and others either have not counted the cost, or have counted the cost and deem it to be more valuable then integrity. 

• Thanks 3