The Cult of Trump & other false loyalties

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Reading the full article, I conclude that Trump et al should be charged with wire fraud.    This was a planned operation to scam

his supporters out of their hard earned savings.  This is what Trump really thinks of his 'followers' - fools to be taken advantage of.

Trump is despicable. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/us/politics/trump-donations.html#click=https://t.co/v4WwlPlXmM

This excerpt shows how the mind of a cult member works.  It's always someone else's fault and not the leader's.  Never blame the leader.  They are always above being part of the scam.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This excerpt shows how the mind of a cult member works.  It's always someone else's fault and not the leader's.  Never blame the leader.  They are always above being part of the scam.

That is when we gain all of our self worth from someone else.   

• Plus1 2
  • 3 months later...

44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If it isn't a cult, explain why people are supporting a buffoon like this...

It doesn't matter. They could have audio/video evidence of Trump acting like he has for decades behind the scenes (an incompetent, whiny, belligerent boob) as corroborated by practically everyone who has ever worked with him, and they will just say it's fake, or all those people were paid by George Soros to lie about Trump the Great and Powerful, or they said those things under duress from ANTIFA oOoOoH scary. Trump himself knows he literally could shoot a person in broad daylight and the qult won't care.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

If it isn't a cult, explain why people are supporting a buffoon like this...

I find it disconcerting that all these stories are only now coming to light, when the person(s) telling the story can be compensated for said story via book deals, or media appearances or whatever. If Trump was such a monstrous idiot when these people were working with or for him, why didn't someone pull the rug out from under him at that time? Why are we only now, 8 months later, gaining insight on all this stuff? 

BTW I am not busting your chops, and thanks for this link, but asking in general. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I find it disconcerting that all these stories are only now coming to light, when the person(s) telling the story can be compensated for said story via book deals, or media appearances or whatever. If Trump was such a monstrous idiot when these people were working with or for him, why didn't someone pull the rug out from under him at that time? Why are we only now, 8 months later, gaining insight on all this stuff? 

BTW I am not busting your chops, and thanks for this link, but asking in general. 

Stories like this were coming out constantly while Trump was in office but, his worshipers didn't want to hear it and it was all "fake news".

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Stories like this were coming out constantly while Trump was in office but, his worshipers didn't want to hear it and it was all "fake news".

If that was the case, then why is any of this news? Why the book deals? 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Are you seriously saying you don't remember stories like this coming out over the last 4 years?

I truly don't remember the descriptions/stories like these from insiders...suppositions from the media, yes...but not "tell alls" from inside the inner circle. If there are accounts you recall, I would be interested in reading them.

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I truly don't remember the descriptions/stories like these from insiders...suppositions from the media, yes...but not "tell alls" from inside the inner circle. If there are accounts you recall, I would be interested in reading them.

There were a number of them that left and then told stories.