The Cult of Trump & other false loyalties

28 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I just saw a couple quotes from Aaron Sorkin's adaptation of To Kill A Mockingbird on Broadway.  Thought they were interesting and thoughtful.

"A mob is a place where people take a break from their conscience.”

"A person is smart, people are dumb"

You just now became familiar with the mob scene from that book and movie?

It is literally used in every single sociology class.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3
12 hours ago, teachercd said:

You just now became familiar with the mob scene from that book and movie?

It is literally used in every single sociology class.

Not at all the case or what I said if you actually read my comment.  I'm quite familiar with the book.

Aaron Sorkin adapted it to the Boradway stage and these two (amoung many others I'm sure) quotes were his changes in tone and tenor to scenes in the book.  He recognized that Americans now days aren't able to get as much from flowery language and dumbed it down for the masses.  Guess it doesn't always work.

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Not at all the case or what I said if you actually read my comment.  I'm quite familiar with the book.

Aaron Sorkin adapted it to the Boradway stage and these two (amoung many others I'm sure) quotes were his changes in tone and tenor to scenes in the book.  He recognized that Americans now days aren't able to get as much from flowery language and dumbed it down for the masses.  Guess it doesn't always work.

Ahhhhh, got it!

• 2 months later...

Meanwhile  Qanon followers are saying Fetterman  has a body double.  

https://www.rawstory.com/john-fetterman-conspiracy-theory/

Sen. John Fetterman (D-PA), still recovering from the effects of a stroke he suffered on the campaign trail last year, publicly announced last month that he was admitting himself to Walter Reed Hospital to be treated for severe depression. After more than a month of psychiatric treatment, Fetterman is preparing to be discharged and return to full-time work in the Senate.

But far-right QAnon conspiracy theorists aren't buying it.

According to VICE News on Monday, a bizarre theory spread across the internet over the weekend, fanned by a handful of influential extreme-right voices, that Fetterman has been replaced by a body double.

"The entire basis of the conspiracy theory is the comparison of two photos of Fetterman that the conspiracists claim are not of the same person — even though both are very obviously both of the Pennsylvania senator," reported David Gilbert. "Body double conspiracies are a common trope in conspiracist circles: In recent years QAnon believers have claimed that President Joe Biden, Queen Elizabeth, and the Pope have been replaced by body doubles, all in an attempt to undermine the leaders’ credibility and boost the belief that the world is really run by a secret cabal of elites and the faceless 'deep state.'"

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, commando said:

he gave the cult a name.   lol.   

FxpoqDkX0AAQ42K?format=jpg&name=small

This is nothing new, at all, but every time I read the pure bulls#!t this buffoon posts I can’t help but wonder how he has even one single supporter. MAGA Trumpers have to be the stupidest people to ever walk the earth. The man doesn’t have one redeeming quality. What a POS.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2