The Cult of Trump & other false loyalties

33 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Man...classic old man body!

Skinny in all the wrong places and fat in all the wrong places.  

What did Jabba ever do to you? :lol:

But yeah, I guess all those years of lifting no more than a silver spoon does nothing for the upper body.

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What did Jabba ever do to you? :lol:

But yeah, I guess all those years of lifting no more than a silver spoon does nothing for the upper body.

Ha!

I used to workout all the time...then I kind of got lazy for 5 years and started back up again 4 months ago.  It is amazing how gross I got and how much strength I lost.  I wish I never stopped lifting...

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm old enough to remember the claims that the progressive agenda is the real moral decay...

Actually, as I’m getting older I see young women in the movies showing off their “attributes” and I can’t help but think, “they are just a few years older than my daughter, they need to put some clothes on!”..,

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If ever there was a sign that Trumpism is a cult, it is this one - ReAwaken America. The cult meetings lead by General Flynn and Clay Clark from Tulsa:facepalm:.  

When Clark was in the 6th grade, he was in the Royal Ranger  club (like Boy's Scouts wt a religious side)  that I was one of the leaders of :facepalm::facepalm:.   He went on to make

millions and now helps to finance these cult gatherings.  All of the familiar names are involved.  Very sad to read how gullible people are and how they have left the faith of Jesus by mixing it with politics. The meeting is a mix of Qanon, religion, political fanaticism and merchandising.  But it is all conspiratorial and misleading propaganda and mind control.  Trump is the new Moses if not the new Christ.  He is the political savior for this cult.  

https://news.yahoo.com/far-roadshow-trump-gods-anointed-100058315.html

A couple of quotes: 

Rhetoric on the tour can veer toward the violent, invoking deliverance and final judgment. A crowd wearing red "Make America Great Again" caps and clothing emblazoned with the American flag roared with laughter when far-right radio personality Stew Peters called for the deaths of President Biden's son Hunter and retired White House chief medical advisor Anthony Fauci.

“Let's be clear. Accountability is God's job. But it's not solely God's job. No, it's our job too,” Peters said. “When [Fauci] is convicted after a short and fast but thorough trial, he will hang up from a length of thick rope until he is dead. … When [Hunter Biden] is convicted … he will get … death!”

Association with such an event would once have been career-ending in politics. But the tour features a who's who of Trump’s inner circle, a demonstration of how valuable Trump-world views the support of the far right in the 2024 election.

One reason the tour has struggled to find venues is the group Faithful America has petitioned local officials not to issue permits to ReAwaken America organizers and urged businesses not to rent them space.

The Rev. Nathan Empsall, a critic of Christian nationalism who serves as the executive director of the organization, said his group arranged for mobile billboards to circle the Las Vegas event.

“Christian nationalism, and in particular, white Christian nationalism, is probably the biggest threat to both American democracy and the church today," Empsall told The Times. "And the Reawaken America Tour is one of the clearest and most blatant examples of Christian nationalism.”

Empsall argued that the tour is about power and politics, not faith, and said Christians have an obligation to denounce what Clark and Flynn are doing.

Speakers "know that by attaching themselves to the thing people hold most dear — their faith, their genuine relationship to God — maybe they can make those folks hold them equally dearly [and] get to a point that to question Trump or Flynn or Stone or the dozen pastors on stage with them is to question God, when of course that's not true," Empsall said.

Misinformation and conspiracy theories flowed freely at the event.

One speaker warned that a global plan was in place to merge humans with machines and control them using artificial intelligence. Another urged people not to take any vaccines or medications except for the supplements she was selling at her booth.

"The No. 1 message I can share with you is you are right. Everything you believe is right,” far-right site Gateway Pundit contributor Joe Hoft told the crowd during his speech about the state of the country.

Maria Zeee, a self-described independent journalist from Australia, said that weather modification technology was being used to take over America, and that a cabal of world leaders would make it impossible to access money or to travel without being inoculated.

“That is the plan unless we stop these Luciferian maniacs,” Zeee said. “These people want you under their control or dead. You must understand this.”

• 3 months later...