The Cult of Trump & other false loyalties

The work of a cult leader in action.    The cult reveals what is truly inside a person.  We have Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham - both were arch anti-trumpers during the 2016 primaries.  Trump insulted Cruz's wife and father.   Yet they fawn after Trump now.

In this yahoo article we have Jeff, Big Ears, Session.  The first Senator to endorse trump, the former AG who lost favor with Trump and resigned in disgrace but as a Senate candidate - he again is fawning all over Trump.  See quote below.

Perhaps the real cult leader isn't Trump.  Trump is just a tool with the cult leader.  Perhaps the real cult leader is POWER.  The intoxicating, mind numbing, pride producing power.  It was the 'original sin' of both the fall of lucifer and of adam and eve.  Power is at the center.  It blinds us to reality and we live in a cult induced altered universe.  Trump has the power now (or better stated Power has Trump now) and Cruz, Graham, Sessions will adulterate themselves to gain that power.  In reality it is power that will/has gained them and has them locked behind the bars of its control.   A sad state of affairs. These men and others like them reveal that they really are weak when they think of themselves as strong.  These are men to be pitied. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/column-trumps-tulsa-rally-dud-191001877.html

But, while the Trump inner circle immediately rushed to find someone to throw under the bus, one man in the far outer circle, the ousted circle to be more accurate, saw something very different. That man was former U.S. Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions, now back in Alabama and trying to reclaim a U.S. Senate seat after vacating his to serve in the Trump administration.

He declared on Twitter:

“President @realDonaldTrump displayed tonight his incredible drive, understanding of the history and principles that made America great. Masterful! Unleashed! Winning message!!

@JoeBiden cannot match this. Game on!”

This may be the saddest tweet from a politician in the comparatively short history of the medium.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

^^  I feel sorry for and pity the person who laughed at the above.   I see they have no clue, no understanding and are mesmerized by the power of the cult but too weak to stand up and voice why they gave a laugh emoji. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

The Cult of Trump is supported by QAnon and my concern is that because Trump is literally their savior, Trump has indeed envisioned himself as such and will refuse to remove himself from the white house when he is defeated or will block, control, delay any election results that are contrary to their messianic vision.   The NYT and Atlantic articles share pretty eye opening stuff on what this conspiracy group is all about.  I suspect that I have some in-laws that are involved now as they have talked about Tom Hanks and other celebs being involved in child trafficking.   Pretty sicko stuff.   Yet Trump again won't denounce this fringe group like he wouldn't renounce the white supremacists in Charlottesville. 

What is QAnon?     The NYT & Atlantic  tells the history
Pretty scary stuff - cultish deception

To grasp why conspiracy theories appeal to Trump, it’s important to understand the man. Mental-health experts have described Trump as a narcissist forever feeding his grandiose sense of self. Facts and evidence aren’t nearly so convincing to Trump as what makes him feel better about himself. Trump was an illegitimate candidate in 2016 who benefited from foreign interference? No, that was Hillary! “His perception, even his definition, of good and bad is what makes him feel good in the moment,” David Reiss, a San Diego–based psychiatrist who has studied and written about Trump’s psyche, told me. “There’s no sense of consequences beyond what’s good for me in the moment, and then that gets projected onto everything. What’s good for me is good for the universe.”