The Cult of Trump & other false loyalties

37 minutes ago, TheSker said:

My point is as awful of a job as some claim Trump is doing, he has some significant influencers that back him. 

What qualifies as a "significant influencer?" Are these like the influencers who got duped into hyping/attending the Fyre Festival?

Edited by knapplc
Fix Quote

15 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Then anything that requires finances to operate is a cult.

You really like to just debate anything don't you?

No, people blindly following a person or group because of a real or perceived benefit to them even if there are distinct negatives to that person or group is the definition of a cult.

• Plus1 2

I suspect a real big fall is coming for him.  I just hope he doesn't take America with it. 

Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.  1Corinthians 10:12(that is FIRST Corinthians not One Corinthians Mr Trump!)_

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-second-coming-of-god-to-jews-israel-135407584.html

Trump shared on Twitter quotes from Newsmax TV's Wayne Allyn Root, who declared him the greatest president for Jews and Israel “in the history of the world.”

Root made the comments on his eponymous call-in show on Tuesday night.

A former Libertarian Party vice presidential nominee and author of the 2015 book “Angry White Male: How the Donald Trump Phenomenon Is Changing America,” Root is known for promoting wild, baseless conspiracy theories. In 2017, he claimed the mass shooting in Las Vegas was a “clearly coordinated Muslim terror attack.”

After Trump moved the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, a long-sought goal of the Israeli government, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu compared the American president to another king, Cyrus of Persia, who allowed Jews to return to Israel, ending their exile in Babylon, in the 6th century B.C. More pointedly, some pro-Trump organs have begun comparing him to an actual king of Israel, King David. (Comparisons to King Solomon have been much fewer, although Nancy Pelosi once, rather pointedly, reminded him that Solomon asked God for, and received, the gift of wisdom.)

I think this quote like the Bible verse I quoted above are applicable.   

Trump in the past has claimed the Bible as his favorite book, although he has shown little knowledge of it. One passage that might be relevant is found in Acts 12:21-23, about the ancient King Herod. It reads:

On the appointed day Herod, wearing his royal robes, sat on his throne and delivered a public address to the people. They shouted, “This is the voice of a god, not of a man.” Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.

• Plus1 1