Nebraska Pro Day 2019

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He always got to where he was going quickly on the field.  Just not sure where he was going to go.  

He improved as the season went on.

He did improve. But I don't think there was another player called out by number more than "#5" by former players for making the wrong play, being out of position, making the wrong read, than Young. Twitter was full of their critiques, always by number.

Just don't see him playing at the next level. But hey, all the power to him. Shoot your shot.

43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He did improve. But I don't think there was another player called out by number more than "#5" by former players for making the wrong play, being out of position, making the wrong read, than Young. Twitter was full of their critiques, always by number.

Just don't see him playing at the next level. But hey, all the power to him. Shoot your shot.

It appears to me that he has all the athletic ability to do it. Being able to learn the system quickly is an issue. 

It might help him if it’s his job where he works in it all day long every day......all year if needed. 

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It appears to me that he has all the athletic ability to do it. Being able to learn the system quickly is an issue. 

It might help him if it’s his job where he works in it all day long every day......all year if needed. 

It it doesn’t get any easier at the NFL level. Because it’s now their job, offenses can do a lot more to disguise a linebacker’s reads. College and NFL often run a lot of the exact same stuff, but at the college level the focus is on making it easy for your offense to execute and at the NFL level the focus is for making it hard for the defense to read.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, brophog said:

It it doesn’t get any easier at the NFL level. Because it’s now their job, offenses can do a lot more to disguise a linebacker’s reads. College and NFL often run a lot of the exact same stuff, but at the college level the focus is on making it easy for your offense to execute and at the NFL level the focus is for making it hard for the defense to read.

I know. 

I was was trying to find hope for the guy. 

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Gets the popcorn out and starts to get excited for the following posts...

1.  Wow _________________ only did _____ reps at 225, when I was in high school I did ________.

2.  Wow only two guys over 25 reps?  My High School team, class _____ mind you, had 14 kids that all benched more than that.

Wow, Ozigbo only did 19 reps at 225, when I was in high school I did 12.

Wow only two guys over 25 reps? My high school team, class 2005 mind you, had 0 kids that all benched more than that....

:lol::D

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1