Nana Akenten

23 hours ago, RednWhite said:

Would Arop have developed into the perimeter player he would have to be at N? He was 3/15 from three this year for SDSU.

Hard to say, probably not. But it was probably just a case where we should have given the in state kid a shot rather than dropping his scholarship offer for another kid that was a pretty average recruit. Just my 2 cents. 

13 hours ago, cornheadnation said:

Hard to say, probably not. But it was probably just a case where we should have given the in state kid a shot rather than dropping his scholarship offer for another kid that was a pretty average recruit. Just my 2 cents. 

We did not take it away,  miles just wanted him to go to prep school for a year.  He declined.  He thought he was better than he was. 

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Comish said:

Any news on Nana?

FH is rumored to be a guy who believes in second chances.

(Without knowing Nana's specific infraction, it's hard to speculate, but I haven't heard anything about his status, leanings, or potential to return)

Nana got suspended due to grades. He decided to not show up to class for a few months and Miles probably got some email and so he suspended him.

I have no idea what he wants to do, but my guess is he will most likely be gone. Hard to tell because he might be given a second chance under Fred. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Fine with me. Stinks to lose more depth but the rumblings on him didnt give me hope on him helping us. 

It's not surprising, and I don't know if he is the type of player who is a fit for Hoiberg.  Nana was supposed to be a good outside shooter, but the guy nearly went 0 for January from three this past season.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It's not surprising, and I don't know if he is the type of player who is a fit for Hoiberg.  Nana was supposed to be a good outside shooter, but the guy nearly went 0 for January from three this past season.

A lot of people think he is excatly the type of player that Hoiberg wants. Tweener size, can shoot from outside and athletic.

Now, I would agree that Nana never once proved he could shoot from outside and he was a little slow to pick up the defense. 

I think Hoiberg just didnt want to deal with the headache. 

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

A lot of people think he is excatly the type of player that Hoiberg wants. Tweener size, can shoot from outside and athletic.

Now, I would agree that Nana never once proved he could shoot from outside and he was a little slow to pick up the defense. 

I think Hoiberg just didnt want to deal with the headache. 

This has to be a case where it was all above the shoulders. When you watched Nana in warm-ups, he was like an iron Mike machine just drilling 3 after 3 but when he got his shot during game time, he really struggled. You have to think FH, who claims to have a "shot technique" part of his offensive skill package, might have helped him; but regardless, good luck to him.

16 hours ago, Comish said:

This has to be a case where it was all above the shoulders. When you watched Nana in warm-ups, he was like an iron Mike machine just drilling 3 after 3 but when he got his shot during game time, he really struggled. You have to think FH, who claims to have a "shot technique" part of his offensive skill package, might have helped him; but regardless, good luck to him.

I honestly think Nana leaving was more of a Hoiberg call than a Nana call.

• 2 months later...
  • seaofred92 changed the title to Nana Akenten