Before we fire Miles.....

4 minutes ago, tmfr15 said:

Fair points and ones that I am well aware of...

I just figured that an examination of the program from inside the program might provide a fresh perspective that I am never going to be privileged to see. Here's hoping that such an examination is undertaken by the leadership of the athletic department and that the resulting decisions put the program in position for a sustainable and satisfying success rate.

I think it is as simple as we have never prioritized basketball so we never wanted to spend money on a good coach. I think that has changed due to fans caring more now and also having invested money in new facilities and fan attendance has raised everyone’s expectation. 

We tried to go cheap on football hires for 20 years and look what happened. 

We have never been aggressive on our basketball hires so hence the results. I hope we are willing to spend to get the program to a new level 

32 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think it is as simple as we have never prioritized basketball so we never wanted to spend money on a good coach. I think that has changed due to fans caring more now and also having invested money in new facilities and fan attendance has raised everyone’s expectation. 

We tried to go cheap on football hires for 20 years and look what happened. 

We have never been aggressive on our basketball hires so hence the results. I hope we are willing to spend to get the program to a new level 

I looked over the top 100 recruits and the schools they chose. None of them chose us. There are a bunch of more desirable basketball schools.  I don’t know that there’s any coach who could bring top players here. Looking at how we can be more competitive with quality under-the-radar players who can contribute makes more sense than obsessing over hiring some dream coach.. like the OP is saying.

However, we have to have the kind of coach who can build a platform that superior players want to join without being pampered and promised instant stardom.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

BREAKING: Guy in charge of firing somebodody doesn’t say that guys is fired until he’s actually fired.

WlVVoGZ.gif

(also: "somebodody")

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

BREAKING: Guy in charge of firing somebody doesn’t say that guys is fired until he’s actually fired.

And it's not known if he'll be fired until the guy who has the authority to fire him actually fires him. For all we know he's tested the waters, found nothing but Colliers and Sadlers available, and decided to give Miles a couple more years instead of locking into more of the same for 5 more years? Could anything be worse than firing Miles, then getting more mediocrity for 5 years? I don't think so.
If a proven coach isn't available, we should wait....or fire Miles and promote an assistant.

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

And it's not known if he'll be fired until the guy who has the authority to fire him actually fires him. For all we know he's tested the waters, found nothing but Colliers and Sadlers available, and decided to give Miles a couple more years instead of locking into more of the same for 5 more years? Could anything be worse than firing Miles, then getting more mediocrity for 5 years? I don't think so.
If a proven coach isn't available, we should wait....or fire Miles and promote an assistant.

You’re welcome to keep your head in the sand if you like.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Hayseed said:

For all we know he's tested the waters, found nothing but Colliers and Sadlers available, and decided to give Miles a couple more years instead of locking into more of the same for 5 more years? Could anything be worse than firing Miles, then getting more mediocrity for 5 years? I don't think so.

Umm..... wouldn’t keeping Miles continue current said mediocrity????

Give me new blood

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Umm..... wouldn’t keeping Miles continue current said mediocrity????

Give me new blood

Only for a year or two instead of the mandatory sucky five where we’re required to act all excited about the new guy who can’t do the job either.

30 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Only for a year or two instead of the mandatory sucky five where we’re required to act all excited about the new guy who can’t do the job either.

So instead of the excitement of new blood, philosophy, leadership etc, you’d rather continue the current position in which crap is insulted when describing the current state.

You high Clark????

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

So instead of the excitement of new blood, philosophy, leadership etc, you’d rather continue the current position in which crap is insulted when describing the current state.

You high Clark????

Instead of being pressured by social media warriors to bring in another dud instead of waiting for a good hire? 

Excitement of another dud, that's a good one. Maybe he could recruit all the locals;...tallest kid in Scribner, Mayor's boy in Lexington....

• Plus1 2