Who is the worst actor/actress?

3 hours ago, huKSer said:

For me the worst actors are the ones that have just one presence.  They are the same no matter what role they are cast in - usually just themselves.

Arnold Schwartzejager, er, Spitzennoogle, er, The Arnold

Actor formerly known as the Rock

Most martial arts "actors"

Jack Nicholson

Nicholas Cage

Ergo, the opposite would be a good actor "THAT was ____?"  Johnny Depp come to mind.

Agree with this except The Rock but only because I haven't watched any of his movies. I love Jack Nicholson, but he has played himself in every movie I've watched of his. It's just that he's an interesting, quirky guy who's fun to watch.

Agree in Nick Cage as well. Except he isn't even likeable to me.

2 hours ago, huKSer said:

To be fair - it is the same character.  It would be weird if in consecutive Taken movies he played the part as: Shakespearian actor, insane, gay, mentally challenged, romantic god ....

Sadly, most of his films over the last 10 years are basically in the "Taken" format. He's pretty much the new, Seagal/Vann Damme.

Almost every actor listed thus far is incredible at their craft - a lot of their crafts just seem to be pretty highly specific in approach and style. There's nothing wrong with that. That's like saying Dikembe Mutombo was a terrible basketball player because he can't shoot 3's. He can play basketball, though.

Also re: Liam Neeson - he's an incredible actor, but he went through a really terrible period in life with a lot of tragedy and decided he didn't want to do serious dramatic work for a while because it was too painful and too much energy he just didn't have. So he consciously chose to just do popcorn films for a while. 

Tommy Wiseau however...

5 hours ago, Landlord said:

Almost every actor listed thus far is incredible at their craft - a lot of their crafts just seem to be pretty highly specific in approach and style. There's nothing wrong with that. That's like saying Dikembe Mutombo was a terrible basketball player because he can't shoot 3's. He can play basketball, though. 

Also re: Liam Neeson - he's an incredible actor, but he went through a really terrible period in life with a lot of tragedy and decided he didn't want to do serious dramatic work for a while because it was too painful and too much energy he just didn't have. So he consciously chose to just do popcorn films for a while.  

Tommy Wiseau however... 

For a while the Room was up in its entirety on Youtube. I don't know how.

It got taken down before I could watch, though.

The details behind how that film came about and the amount of effort he put into it is both baffling and somehow admirable.

I think there are very few actors/actresses that are always good or always bad.  Some are fairly one denominational, John Wayne comes to mind.   Keanu Reeves is good in a lot of parts, he is great in John Wick and Neo  or as Ted.  He is bad as an English guy in Dracula.  Jack Nicholson used to be really good, but as he got older he just played a caricature of himself. 

Tom Cruise can act he just hasn't done anything completely different in a long time.   Its all Mission impossible type stuff anymore.  Haven't you seen Risky Business, Born on the 4th of July, Magnolia,  Rain Man, A Few Good Men he really acts in those shows.   I great one by him is Collateral.  He plays a hit man going around in a taxi killing people.  

I never think Ben Afflack is a very good actor, but he is good in some films.  Usually when he plays some guy from Southie in Boston like in The Town or Good Will Hunting.  He was really good in Hollywoodland playing George Reeves of Superman fame. 

Dwayne Johnson is actually a better actor than I ever thought he would be.  Some goes for Dave Batista.