UNO could win a NCAA tourney game before UNL

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Away against Oregon, Arizona State, Iowa State and Minnesota.  All in a 5 weeks span.  Loss to Seattle puzzler, but it was during this time too.

Their non con is basically being an away punching bag.  I just think s little context is appropriate.  These teams all had legitimate shots at winning P5 conference championships.

But they lost by 30.  Do you believe Nebraska is full of major d1 commits?

29 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I agree, but uno is not even close to those teams.   When they can compete, not necessarily win with teams out of their conference then maybe. 

NDSU has a tournament win in the last 5 years.  UNO has beaten them several times.

I'm not saying it is likely that UNO will win a tournament game in the next few years.  But I do think it is more likely they will have more opportunities than the Huskers over the next few years.

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

NDSU has a tournament win in the last 5 years.  UNO has beaten them several times.

I'm not saying it is likely that UNO will win a tournament game in the next few years.  But I do think it is more likely they will have more opportunities than the Huskers over the next few years.

Like I said before I respect your opinion.  Until they get a player that's dynamic enough to help them beat a tournament team, I will disagree.   Coming out of small conference, will put them against a top teams. 

19 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Like I said before I respect your opinion.  Until they get a player that's dynamic enough to help them beat a tournament team, I will disagree.   Coming out of small conference, will put them against a top teams. 

Assuming for a moment that the Hoiberg rumors are true:  I take it back.  I take it ALL back!!!

On 3/17/2019 at 9:50 AM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Look at uno schedule. Anyone they played outside the conference,  they lost by 20 or 30.

We live in an era where a 16 has beaten a 1, and a Missouri Valley team made the Final Four. Anything can happen. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Assuming for a moment that the Hoiberg rumors are true:  I take it back.  I take it ALL back!!!

I think we have some talent, but need a big man.   I also think it will take a year or 2.

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

We live in an era where a 16 has beaten a 1, and a Missouri Valley team made the Final Four. Anything can happen. 

I understand, but not with UNO's current roster.