OMG (Aunt) Becky! - College Admissions Cheating Scandal

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If he’s sitting by you and you would know him....wouldn’t that mean he’s legendary?

I would assume that he would have introduced himself as a legend :)

And I made a typo.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good friggen Lord....like it would be deviststing for these kids to simply go to a different college. 

Wow.....

the parents had such big egos that they were willing to spend 1.2 million just to make sure their little girl didn’t have to mingle with peasants. 

Unreal!

Didn't JFK's Dad donate a building to Harvard?  

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Intramural water polo was the best thing I ever played at UNK.  You floated around the pool in an innertube and flung a volleyball around.  Plus it was co-ed!

Slacker. I played intramural water polo at UNL, we didn't get no stinkin' inner tubes. We had to be constantly swimming, the bottom was about 2 feet below where you could stand. It was actually very tiring and not easy. Plus there was a lot of contact and people getting dragged under water. I can't recall anything good about it...

All over the news right now. Decade-long (at least) scheme to help the wealthy and privileged and their offspring cheat the system at the expense of others.

It is amazing just how much corruption there is going on all around. Only a tiny fraction of these activities ever come to light. Which means a whole lot of things are being gotten away with.

College sports followers know of the ongoing college basketball corruption scandal investigation. And other scandals in other sports as well - too many to mention. Also, this new fiasco also involved students getting athletic scholarships who never played their sport and paid athletes taking the place of others.

Most Americans still believe in the idea of fairness and not cheating to get ahead. At least I hope it’s still most.

As a Federal prosecutor pointed out, "For every student admitted through fraud, an honest, genuinely talented student was rejected."

This point CANNOT be overstated. Thousands of honest young people have had their lives permanently changed by being overlooked and passed over for someone else who didn’t deserve to be where they got. And entire college programs have suffered - those who tried their best to play by the rules and not cheat even though others they were competing against may have played by different rules. Wrong teams and programs have won championships. Deserving teams were cheated out of what should have been theirs.

It’s incredibly sad when someone feels they have to "win" so bad that they don’t care what ugly means they use to do that. Numerous titles have been won this way. But the trophies in those trophy cases can’t mask the fact that they were acquired by the worst kind of losers in the game of real life. Deserving teams who would have won had their rightful championships robbed from them.

Scandals and cheating are nothing new. It’s too bad that so many people can’t use that kind of ingenuity for a much better purpose.

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads
  • Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Slacker. I played intramural water polo at UNL, we didn't get no stinkin' inner tubes. We had to be constantly swimming, the bottom was about 2 feet below where you could stand. It was actually very tiring and not easy. Plus there was a lot of contact and people getting dragged under water. I can't recall anything good about it...

It sort of sounds like you just don't know how to swim?

27 minutes ago, Roundball Shaman said:

All over the news right now. Decade-long (at least) scheme to help the wealthy and privileged and their offspring cheat the system at the expense of others.

It is amazing just how much corruption there is going on all around. Only a tiny fraction of these activities ever come to light. Which means a whole lot of things are being gotten away with.

College sports followers know of the ongoing college basketball corruption scandal investigation. And other scandals in other sports as well - too many to mention. Also, this new fiasco also involved students getting athletic scholarships who never played their sport and paid athletes taking the place of others.

Most Americans still believe in the idea of fairness and not cheating to get ahead. At least I hope it’s still most.

As a Federal prosecutor pointed out, "For every student admitted through fraud, an honest, genuinely talented student was rejected."

This point CANNOT be overstated. Thousands of honest young people have had their lives permanently changed by being overlooked and passed over for someone else who didn’t deserve to be where they got. And entire college programs have suffered - those who tried their best to play by the rules and not cheat even though others they were competing against may have played by different rules. Wrong teams and programs have won championships. Deserving teams were cheated out of what should have been theirs.

It’s incredibly sad when someone feels they have to "win" so bad that they don’t care what ugly means they use to do that. Numerous titles have been won this way. But the trophies in those trophy cases can’t mask the fact that they were acquired by the worst kind of losers in the game of real life. Deserving teams who would have won had their rightful championships robbed from them.

Scandals and cheating are nothing new. It’s too bad that so many people can’t use that kind of ingenuity for a much better purpose.

First of all, I want you to know that I didn't read any of this past the first sentence.

Like with most of your threads you start that already have a thread devoted to the exact same topic, the propaganda and overzealous moral righteousness of your post couldn't be any less interesting to me.

Second of all, there's already a thread about this.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

First of all, I want you to know that I didn't read any of this past the first sentence.

Like with most of your threads you start that already have a thread devoted to the exact same topic, the propaganda and overzealous moral righteousness of your post couldn't be any less interesting to me.

Second of all, there's already a thread about this.

Mods...Landlords account has clearly been hacked.  Anyone know how to let him know about it?

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

It sort of sounds like you just don't know how to swim?

Yeah, you're probably right :lol: I wouldn't classify myself as a good swimmer. All I know is it was like prison rules basketball while constantly treading water. The only reason I did it was for our frat team. And I have no idea how anyone gets to be "legendary" in water polo. Guy could be the Wayne Gretzky/Michael Jordan/Walter Payton of water polo and still nobody would know who the hell he was.

• Haha 1

Son defends parents caught in college admissions scandal while smoking blunt

Maybe this is why Gregory and Marcia Abbott allegedly bought their daughter’s way into college.

Their “rapper” son, Malcolm, popped out of the family’s Fifth Avenue building to smoke a giant blunt — while defending his parents and bragging about his latest CD.

“They’re blowing this whole thing out of proportion,” said Malcolm Abbott outside the home that overlooks the Metropolitan Museum of Art. “I believe everyone has a right to go to college, man.”

:facepalm: