DDPY and yoga

59 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

So you're saying you get the buddy discount? :lol:

Have you actually gotten around to trying it yourself, though?

I've done 2 or 3 sessions. It's a hell of a workout, makes total sense why/how I've seen people lose hundreds of pounds right in front of me. 

I would like to throw in at least a day where I do some yoga but I can't ever force myself to take the time to do it.

We still have our bike from our cycle studio, so I do their live classes a couple times a week. Walk the dog a lot. Then just do a lot of pushups, pullups, and free weights in the basement. 

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Doesn't help. Never was into fake wrestling.  

He's a pretty cool dude. Made it as a big star in wrestling in the 90s at a relatively old age (I think late 30s to early 40s) but he wound up blowing out his L4-L5 discs which almost ended his career. He took up yoga at the time and wound up liking it so he developed his own yoga-centric exercise program. I've never been a home workout guy but it gives me something to do while we're all stuck inside - and I am looking to drop a few lbs.

He's a colorful, positive guy though, which helps.

• Fire 1

I've never been a fan of or cared about wrestling either, but I understand it now. Fake isn't the right word for it, and presumes that it's an actual sport, which it isn't. It's more akin to performance theater. Calling wrestling fake is like calling action movies with stuntmen fake. Technically kind of true but sort of misses the point and diminishes the amount of talent and skill involved in what they're actually doing.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's really a cool deal; a lot of former pro wrestlers and other athletes use it to help ease pain and regain a lot of their movement, in addition to losing weight and exercising. 

I've actually thought about trying it.  I was told I shouldn't run anymore due to knee problems.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've actually thought about trying it.  I was told I shouldn't run anymore due to knee problems.

I'm actually in a similar boat. I've done a lot of heavy weight-lifting in my life and I've had a couple scopes on my left knee. I think I first tweaked in high school ball.

Makes it hard to do high-impact stuff without irritating the knees. I've found the DDPY stuff generally doesn't bother them, helps keep lower body muscles flexible and is adaptive enough that if something does cause trouble I just change the way I do it.

YMMV but I've found this stuff and sticking to lower-impact cardio methods helpful.

• 2 months later...

If you need some motivation today I urge you to listen to The Vegas Badboyz interview with Diamond Dallas Page

If you have ever doubted yourself about anything this interview will give you insight on how to start changing that.

In the times we are living in we can all use a little positivity.

Don’t do this for me. Please do it for YOU!

bit.ly/DiamondDallasPage

F10B4635-FB42-4912-9535-249E9E643390.jpeg

• Thanks 1