DE Tiaoalii Savea [UCLA Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Savea Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

As we close on the final few pieces, curious who others see as the DE/DL's?

Is the USC kid or Crownover any possibility in addition to this guy?  My perception is that this is the best scenario.  From there we would have Buckley as the fallback guy with Tobin under Buckley.  Is that how others perceive the board at DE/DL?

For me, if we ended up with Buckley and Tobin as our two takes I'd have a bit of "meow" and more of a "C-" type of grade.   If we can secure Savea I'd be tickled ... but I'd be elated to add the USC kid or Crownover to Savea ... that would be knocking it out of the park for us.

Others thoughts?

30 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

As we close on the final few pieces, curious who others see as the DE/DL's?

Is the USC kid or Crownover any possibility in addition to this guy?  My perception is that this is the best scenario.  From there we would have Buckley as the fallback guy with Tobin under Buckley.  Is that how others perceive the board at DE/DL?

For me, if we ended up with Buckley and Tobin as our two takes I'd have a bit of "meow" and more of a "C-" type of grade.   If we can secure Savea I'd be tickled ... but I'd be elated to add the USC kid or Crownover to Savea ... that would be knocking it out of the park for us.

Others thoughts?

My guess is they may take 3 if Sevea is a part of the equation, with Buckley and Tobin. My personal reach for the sky is Sevea, Toia and one of Buckley/Tobin.

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Said he's announcing at the Under Armour game between Nebraska, USC and TCU.

Has already informed all of the schools where he's going and shut down his recruitment.

I haven't seen a bunch of new offers go out from Nebraska on the Dline. Perhaps that is telling. However, it looks like USC only has 1 true DE committed. So, not sure we can really read the tea leaves any which way. 

3 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I haven't seen a bunch of new offers go out from Nebraska on the Dline. Perhaps that is telling. However, it looks like USC only has 1 true DE committed. So, not sure we can really read the tea leaves any which way. 

I mean, 5 of the six predictions are us (including Wiltfong with 8 confidence), and the one for USC is from April from an Arkansas insider. A lot can happen between now and January, but if the only points to USC are proximity and lack of DE commits I wouldn't say there are strong signs both ways. I am prepared to be disappointed, but all signs are us here. 

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

N confirmed

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Lots of smoke from the HOL guys that we have a silent commit. This would fit that description nicely.

It’s a poorly kept secret. I mean he even flat out said he has already committed to said school. Just announcing when the game takes place. 

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to DE Tiaoalii Savea [UCLA Commit]