Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
seaofred92

2019 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Recommended Posts

Happy selection Sunday! My guess:

 

1’s: UVA, Duke, Gonzaga, Tennessee

2’s: UNC, UK, UM, MSU

3’s: Houston,  FSU, LSU, TTU

 

Houston could move to a 2 if they beat Cincinnati today over the loser of Michigan Michigan St IMO. UNC and Gonzaga could swap spots as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Happy selection Sunday! My guess:

 

1’s: UVA, Duke, Gonzaga, Tennessee

2’s: UNC, UK, UM, MSU

3’s: Houston,  FSU, LSU, TTU

 

Houston could move to a 2 if they beat Cincinnati today over the loser of Michigan Michigan St IMO. UNC and Gonzaga could swap spots as well

 

I'm thinking

 

1 seeds: Duke, Virginia, UNC, Gonzaga

2 seeds: Tennessee, Michigan State, Kentucky, Michigan 

 

Tennessee is currently getting smoked by Auburn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GSG said:

 

I'm thinking

 

1 seeds: Duke, Virginia, UNC, Gonzaga

2 seeds: Tennessee, Michigan State, Kentucky, Michigan 

 

Tennessee is currently getting smoked by Auburn 

If Michigan State beats Michigan I could see them getting a 1 seed over Gonzaga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

If Michigan State beats Michigan I could see them getting a 1 seed over Gonzaga

 

I think that's what CBS just had on tv. They had Duke, Virginia, and then MSU as the 3rd #1 seed. I didn't catch who the 4th #1 was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GSG said:

I think that's what CBS just had on tv. They had Duke, Virginia, and then MSU as the 3rd #1 seed. I didn't catch who the 4th #1 was

 

Duke, UNC, Virginia and Gonzaga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the number of bids, a little bit of a lack of respect for the B1G IMO. Houston would’ve gotten the 2 over Michigan had they won today 

 

Iowa as a 10 is LOW

Minnesota is lower than Washington 

Michigan St a 2 in Duke’s region? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Michigan St a 2 in Duke’s region? 

 

This one made no sense to me. They basically punished them for winning the B1G tournament

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GSG said:

This one made no sense to me. They basically punished them for winning the B1G tournament

 

In fairness, it's been talked about for several years that championship games held on Sunday are basically ignored by the committee because of the incredibly short time they have to get the bracket out.  That's why a lot of leagues have moved their tournament up a day and finish on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GSG said:

 

I'm thinking

 

1 seeds: Duke, Virginia, UNC, Gonzaga

2 seeds: Tennessee, Michigan State, Kentucky, Michigan 

 

Tennessee is currently getting smoked by Auburn 

6icNh.gif

 

Look out for this guy. He’s on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

6icNh.gif

 

Look out for this guy. He’s on it.

 

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Des Moines sounds like a home game for the Goofers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we get a huge upset in the 2nd game?!

 

Yale is only down 7 with 2 minutes left!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GSG said:

Could we get a huge upset in the 2nd game?!

 

Yale is only down 7 with 2 minutes left!

They could have won if they actually made some 3's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of guys that really wowed me yesterday:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UC Irvine running the Tim Miles offense. Tossing up bad forced 3's for no reason at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gardner Webb up big on UVA in the first half. I'd LMAO if Virginia chokes again this year.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Gardner Webb up big on UVA in the first half. I'd LMAO if Virginia chokes again this year.

You cant do anything to the coach can you? If he gets beat as a 1 seed back-to-back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

You cant do anything to the coach can you? If he gets beat as a 1 seed back-to-back?

 

No; for as hilarious as that would have been, Bennett is one of the 5 best coaches in the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i thought nebraska was the only team in the country that hadn't won a tourny game before.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

UC Irvine running the Tim Miles offense. Tossing up bad forced 3's for no reason at all.

 

Obviously not the Time Miles offense ........ it won them an NCAA tournament game

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, commando said:

i thought nebraska was the only team in the country that hadn't won a tourny game before.

 

 

 

We're the only ones from a power conference

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

North Dakota St. down 4 at half to Duke.

 

NDSU down 27 with 7 minutes left. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Crazy finish to the Duke-UCF game. Fun one.

 Convert that alley oop, box out, layups,  tip ins.  So close.  Remember when that clown Jay Williams said Duke could beat an NBA team? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All four #1, #2 and #3 seeds make it to the Sweet 16.

 

#5 Auburn made it by beating a probably over-seeded #4 Kansas team.

 

The only real outlier was #12 Oregon who got hot at the end of the year and benefited from #4 Kansas State lost their second-leading scorer who was also their leading rebounder.

 

I would think that has to be historic levels of chalky-ness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×