Nebrasketball Game #34 - NIT - Butler: Wednesday, March 20 - 8:00pm (ESPN2)

What will the game result be?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Butler single digit win
    • Butler double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/2019 at 01:43 AM

• Mavric changed the title to Nebrasketball Game #34 - NIT - Butler: Wednesday, March 20 - 8:00pm (ESPN2)

As someone who has coached basketball, what Miles has done the last two weeks with what he’s had to work with is remarkable. Irregardless of whether or not he deserves to keep his job. I never was a miles fan, always thought we shouldve aimed higher with the hire. And I’m not giving him a pass on the middle of this season. Just solely what they’ve done the last couple weeks, incredible.

2 minutes ago, RedRedJarvisRedwine said:

As someone who has coached basketball, what Miles has done the last two weeks with what he’s had to work with is remarkable. Irregardless of whether or not he deserves to keep his job. I never was a miles fan, always thought we shouldve aimed higher with the hire. And I’m not giving him a pass on the middle of this season. Just solely what they’ve done the last couple weeks, incredible.

This is how I look at it, the kids who have now had a chance to play have brought "it".  Whatever it is, they seem to have that now, an instinct, a passion, a focus to make plays.  My gripe about this was early in the season, the excuse was lack of depth or bench, well those guys "the lack", they have something that is different then before.   You need to play these guys early in the season where mistakes aren't as costly and the team learns that these guys have a purpose.  The stat sheet withstanding, I mean seriously you Trueblood trying with all his might to score 6 points, finding crossers, following his shot, chesting up to guys that are better.  Do they need to play 25 minutes, absolutely not, but you need the team to see that, feel that, know that, because that guy has your back when you get 3 fouls, instead of trying to mismanage fouls and lineups, trust is must for the entire team.   I believe if you had Thor and Jonney and Heiman getting minutes, showing that when we play we are going to go a as hard as we can even though we know you guys are the starters the season changes drastically.  That's just my take, and I think Miles biggest downfall. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, desertshox said:

how do they only have 5 scholarship players that play when you are allowed 13?

One scholarship guy transferred and that brought us down to 12.

Karrington Davis out for the year -11 available.

Dachon Burke is sitting out this season- 10

Nana suspended -9

Copeland out for the year- 8

Amir Harris hurt- 7

Tom Allen out- 6 

Brady Heiman hurt- 5  scholarships available. 

The starting 5 in the game today were all on scholarship. Two walk-ons coming off the bench. 

4 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

One scholarship guy transferred and that brought us down to 12.

Karrington Davis out for the year -11 available.

Dachon Burke is sitting out this season- 10

Nana suspended -9

Copeland out for the year- 8

Amir Harris hurt- 7

Tom Allen out- 6 

Brady Heiman hurt- 5  scholarships available. 

The starting 5 in the game today were all on scholarship. Two walk-ons coming off the bench. 

Looks like a graveyard