2019 NCAA Tournament Contest

Mavric

Well, I technically have the lead.  And I'll enjoy sleeping on that lead for the next few days.

But it's really @The Murphinator who is in the driver's seat.  He's 50 points back but has two extra teams so he'll easily make that up.  I'll need a couple of his teams to get beat in the Sweet 16 to have a chance.  Had Duke not managed to get it done today.....

@JJ Husker is a bit behind but has a completely different set of teams so if things go his way he could make up ground quickly.  Others can still make a run but having a bunch of similar teams makes it tough.

Standings

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Well, I technically have the lead.  And I'll enjoy sleeping on that lead for the next few days.

But it's really @The Murphinator who is in the driver's seat.  He's 50 points back but has two extra teams so he'll easily make that up.  I'll need a couple of his teams to get beat in the Sweet 16 to have a chance.  Had Duke not managed to get it done today.....

@JJ Husker is a bit behind but has a completely different set of teams so if things go his way he could make up ground quickly.  Others can still make a run but having a bunch of similar teams makes it tough.

Standings

Yeah Duke definitely got lucky.

As expected, @The Murphinator surges into the lead.  He still has Duke and Auburn.

I hold on to second for now but don't have any teams left.  This game is stupid.  Who's idea was it anyway???

But @Minnesota_husker charges into third and still has Gonzaga, Michigan State, Texas Tech and Auburn.  That's some crazy good picking and will be really tough for Murphinator to hold off.  Duke/Michigan State on Sunday will be pivotal.

Standings

On 3/19/2019 at 8:45 AM, Minnesota_husker said:

#1- Gonzaga

#2- Michigan State

#3- Texas Tech

#5- Auburn

#6- Iowa State

#11- Arizona State

#12- Murray State

#13- Northeastern

#16- North Dakota State

For someone who guessed 3 of the 4 teams, you would think I would have done much better in my brackets.

I have also finished dead last or close to last in this almost every year... So this is slightly shocking.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:29 PM, Mavric said:

We have a winner. @Minnesota_husker has a 141 point lead and still has Texas Tech.  Congrats!

@The Murphinator will finish second.

Thanks for playing again this year.  Enjoy the championship game.

I'VE NEVER WON BEFORE!!! WHAT DO I WIN!?!?

Do I get access to the Mod board for a day?

Do I get to ban someone?

A thousand "up points"?

Mavric's parking spot at Huskerboard HQ for a week?

• Haha 1