Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

1 minute ago, Ulty said:

First, if this is a Jim Tressel kind of rumor and we end up with the Mike Riley of college basketball, you can all go F yourselves!

Secondly, this rumor is picking up steam and will surely be in the heads of the players, and Miles himself, before Wednesday's game. Does this sort of distraction inspire the team to play hard in the NIT? Does it divide the team? Does someone in the athletic office have to address the situation directly with Miles and the team before the game as the rumor builds? How will everyone handle the immediate impact of this?

Not to be inconsiderate of the team here, but who really cares? They're participating in a consolation tournament. The "loser's bracket", if you will.

9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Not to be inconsiderate of the team here, but who really cares? They're participating in a consolation tournament. The "loser's bracket", if you will.

I hope your not one of those parents that promotes kids WD if they fall into the consolation bracket - it's a sad sight seen way too often

11 minutes ago, Ulty said:

First, if this is a Jim Tressel kind of rumor and we end up with the Mike Riley of college basketball, you can all go F yourselves!

Secondly, this rumor is picking up steam and will surely be in the heads of the players, and Miles himself, before Wednesday's game. Does this sort of distraction inspire the team to play hard in the NIT? Does it divide the team? Does someone in the athletic office have to address the situation directly with Miles and the team before the game as the rumor builds? How will everyone handle the immediate impact of this?

If you are a Husker fan all you need to worry about, if this is true, is all 10 pints of your blood rushing to your dong at one time.  

Don't worry about the NIT or dividing a locker or anything like that...just your dong.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

While I'm not totally on board with your comment, I see your point.

This team has been playing for over a month knowing Miles is gone.  They didn't make it into the NCAA and their lucky they made it into the NIT so Miles can coach at least one more game (probably a few more).  

Everyone knows the situation and, to be quite honest, it made them play better in the B1G tourney.  I'm expecting it to do the same in the NIT.

But, at the end fo the day, everyone knows the situation.  Miles has a good attitude, considering the situation.  Nobody should have this preconceived idea that if they win a few games, it's going to save his job.  that's motivated the team so far.  Hopefully it continues and makes it fun.  

44 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

I hope your not one of those parents that promotes kids WD if they fall into the consolation bracket - it's a sad sight seen way too often

I'm not, but I'm also not too concerned with what the kids think of their coach being replaced as a result of being in the consolation bracket.

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

While I'm not totally on board with your comment, I see your point.

This team has been playing for over a month knowing Miles is gone.  They didn't make it into the NCAA and their lucky they made it into the NIT so Miles can coach at least one more game (probably a few more).  

Everyone knows the situation and, to be quite honest, it made them play better in the B1G tourney.  I'm expecting it to do the same in the NIT.

But, at the end fo the day, everyone knows the situation.  Miles has a good attitude, considering the situation.  Nobody should have this preconceived idea that if they win a few games, it's going to save his job.  that's motivated the team so far.  Hopefully it continues and makes it fun.  

Hey, I hope they win the whole damn thing! And the run in the B1G tournament was a blast.... I agree that Miles couldn't of handled this any better. I am a big fan of Miles, the person.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

We already have the Mike Riley of college basketball...

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4

I am very excited if it is Hoiberg, but this stuff bugs me. If you have your guy, let Miles go. 

Miles and his family has to hear this/see this. 

Let Miles move on and dont drag this out. Unless they have told Miles he is done and the NIT is his swan song to hang with the kids. 

What if they go and win the NIT? Are we going to expect Fred to just wait?

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach