Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hi Dirk.

No, this is not adding huge amounts of unwanted stress to Miles and his family that wasn't there for probably half of the season.  People are trying to make this out to be some horrible situation.  It's not.  Miles knows the situation and he's getting to coach his kids until the season is done.  

Some fans and Dirk for some reason are trying to make this out to be a horribly managed situation.  It's not.  People need to just chill and enjoy the NIT tournament games they play in.

"Is Nebraska following up hiring the most sought after CFB coach by potentially hiring the biggest name CBB coach this cycle secretly a bad move by the Athletic Department? Subscribe Now!"

-OWH Probably

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6

I'm with Enhance.  I've always rooted for any Husker sport including basketball but I've definitely been more of a casual fan when it comes to the round ball  While no one here in Chicago was thrilled with him as the Bulls head coaching during his run I think it would be a solid hire for Nebraska!  

His Iowa State teams by the numbers:

2010-11   16-16   Conference (Big 12) rank - 12th

2011-12   23-11  Conference T-3rd  (NCAA  Division 1 TOURN Round of 32)

2012-13   23-12  Conference T-4th  (NCAA  Division 1 TOURN Round of 32)

2013-14   28-8  Conference  T-3rd  (NCAA  Division 1 TOURN Sweet Sixteen)

2014-15   25-9  Conference T-2nd    (NCAA  Division 1 TOURN Round of 64 )

Hoiberg overall college head coaching record:  115-56 (.673)

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hi Dirk.

No, this is not adding huge amounts of unwanted stress to Miles and his family that wasn't there for probably half of the season.  People are trying to make this out to be some horrible situation.  It's not.  Miles knows the situation and he's getting to coach his kids until the season is done.  

Some fans and Dirk for some reason are trying to make this out to be a horribly managed situation.  It's not.  People need to just chill and enjoy the NIT tournament games they play in.

Didnt have to start with name calling.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

This article, from January 7th.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25707047/fred-hoiberg-says-prefers-coaching-college-basketball-nba-front-office

says 

If true, I'd have to say I'm pretty excited to see him be given a shot at Nebraska. Always concerned to see somebody go from the PROs back to a level where they need to recruit again, if that wasn't one of their favorite things to do.

Saban and spurrier did well coming back. Chip Kelly TBD 

I find this paragraph very interesting:

Just like it did in acquiring Kelly, UCLA has assembled a search committee that involves more than athletic department officials. The Bruins enlisted Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman and mega donor Casey Wasserman with their football search and have engaged Golden State Warriors general manager Bob Myers, a former UCLA player, in the hunt for their next basketball coach. Wasserman will not participate in the new search to prevent a conflict of interest because he represents former Chicago Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg, a potential candidate.

-  source: https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-basketball-coaches-20190101-story.html

So Fred Hoiberg is a client of Wasserman, who is a "mega donor" to UCLA. While he recused himself from the new search, I doubt he was completely unplugged from the Search Committee's considerations. So I'm guessing that IF Hoiberg was interested in UCLA, that the UCLA search committee appeared to be going in a different direction. Thus Wasserman could leverage UCLA's interest to get Hoiberg an attractive offer elsewhere (AKA Nebraska). Not saying that this is a bad move for Nebraska, but just saying that he may have signed with Nebraska, in part, because UCLA was NOT going to be an option for him. That agent/mega-donor to UCLA/search committee thing seems JUST a little too convenient to overlook.

Dec. 31st tweet by a random human:

Another interesting tweet:

Fred still DOES have that awkward Twitter handle (for a Nebraska coach): https://twitter.com/ISUMayor32

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach