Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

20 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Only part I don't like about waiting is we look bad if Nebraska somehow wins the NIT....  we would be firing a coach at Nebraska that won 20+ games in back to back years...  post season be damned... that's not easy to do. 

I didn’t know NIT games counted. Honestly does anyone care what happens in the NIT? Seriously 68 freaking teams make the big dance it’s almost hard if your a good team to not make it. To start 11-3 and not make it is hard to do 

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Only part I don't like about waiting is we look bad if Nebraska somehow wins the NIT....  we would be firing a coach at Nebraska that won 20+ games in back to back years...  post season be damned... that's not easy to do. 

I don't think that's much of a realistic worry.....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Comish said:

I don't think that's much of a realistic worry.....

I agree. Plus ya know what- even if we did win somehow. Who cares if it’s a bad look- who cares if someone wanted to judge. We gotta do what’s best for the program and Miles is not it. Also if we land a guy like Hoiberg who’s opinion are we worried about? We would have our next coach and a big name at that. By the time Hoiberg retires or quits no candidates at that time will remember or care about what happened to a .500 career coach we fired X number years prior. Most people have a strong opinion for like a month then it’s off injecting their opinion about something else 

• Plus1 1

This is so weak I hate to share it but......heard from buddy that heard from a relative of Hoiberg that he is not interested in the Nebraska job. Take it for what it’s worth. I believe my buddy but you never know the motives of a relative who claims to know such things.

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This is so weak I hate to share it but......heard from buddy that heard from a relative of Hoiberg that he is not interested in the Nebraska job. Take it for what it’s worth. I believe my buddy but you never know the motives of a relative who claims to know such things.

So, should we stop building the statue?

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This is kind of funny because I wasn’t going to post, but I was told by a media guy all his connections say it’s a done deal.

• Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach