Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

Ugh.  What a road to go down;  that of bringing in a high profile (as in "good") basketball coach.. to Nebraska.  Big bux.

Could such a guy in this day and age bring great players to our program?  Could he make Nebraska something that it is not and will never be?  A basketball school?

Jeesh.. give Miles his deserved three year contract and let him do his work.  He'll likely grow into the Big Ten to 22 or more wins per season once he gets his assistants honed and on board.  He'll make the NCAA dance regularly down the road. 

Tim Miles is improving the program.  Hiring someone like Hoiberg would be spinning our wheels. 

Imo.  :D

1 hour ago, Jeepy said:

Ugh.  What a road to go down;  that of bringing in a high profile (as in "good") basketball coach.. to Nebraska.  Big bux.

Could such a guy in this day and age bring great players to our program?  Could he make Nebraska something that it is not and will never be?  A basketball school?

Jeesh.. give Miles his deserved three year contract and let him do his work.  He'll likely grow into the Big Ten to 22 or more wins per season once he gets his assistants honed and on board.  He'll make the NCAA dance regularly down the road. 

Tim Miles is improving the program.  Hiring someone like Hoiberg would be spinning our wheels. 

You're tailgating awful early for Nebraska Baseball, aren't you? 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Jeepy said:

It’s a little early in the morning to be drunk 

I do not know what is fact or fiction with the potential hiring, but this whole thing about “its a bad look”, that Moos should have acted by extending Miles or firing him after the B10 tournament , is nonsense to me. Since when is it the proper process, letting the tail wag, the dog. Moos was hired to do his job, and from what I have heard, he has been on top of things from day one. Press be damned, it will come out, when Moos is ready. 

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I understand where the kid is coming from, as Miles is giving him a chance to play in a great basketball conference.  What he does not understand is the business end of college sports.

I am curious what conflicts he is talking about. 

Nana?  They seem to be playing better since he's been suspended.

• Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach