Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The fact that Hoiberg is staying quiet and hasn't denied any of this makes me happy!

Well the fact he hasn't denied it doesn't mean that he already signed. And my fear is that this leaves the door open to someone coming in with a "better" offer (Nebraska being used as a chip by the agent). I'll be biting my nails until this is official.

7 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Well the fact he hasn't denied it doesn't mean that he already signed. And my fear is that this leaves the door open to someone coming in with a "better" offer (Nebraska being used as a chip by the agent). I'll be biting my nails until this is official.

Image result for welp There goes my excitement....

14 hours ago, Jeepy said:

Ugh.  What a road to go down;  that of bringing in a high profile (as in "good") basketball coach.. to Nebraska.  Big bux.

Could such a guy in this day and age bring great players to our program?  Could he make Nebraska something that it is not and will never be?  A basketball school?

Jeesh.. give Miles his deserved three year contract and let him do his work.  He'll likely grow into the Big Ten to 22 or more wins per season once he gets his assistants honed and on board.  He'll make the NCAA dance regularly down the road. 

Tim Miles is improving the program.  Hiring someone like Hoiberg would be spinning our wheels. 

Imo.  :D

Tim? Is that you? Shouldn't you be preparing for the NIT?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

Has it been mentioned that the Timberwolves want him in their front office as well? Hope NU can win this bidding war - UNLV appears to be in the mix as well and UCLA isn’t going quietly....

Yes, he could have front office NBA jobs if he wanted them, but he has stated that it is his desire to coach (either at the NBA or college level).

Perhaps more interestingly, he could be paid $5M if he did nothing for a year. So in that sense, he would be giving up a million in his first year to coach at Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

Perhaps more interestingly, he could be paid $5M if he did nothing for a year. So in that sense, he would be giving up a million in his first year to coach at Nebraska.

He will be paid $5 million no matter what.  His Bulls contract was 100% guaranteed.  They are paying him for the $5 million owed for this season, and $5 million for each of the next two seasons.  If he gets the rumored $4 million from Nebraska, he will make $9 million each of the first two years.

55 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

He will be paid $5 million no matter what.  His Bulls contract was 100% guaranteed.  They are paying him for the $5 million owed for this season, and $5 million for each of the next two seasons.  If he gets the rumored $4 million from Nebraska, he will make $9 million each of the first two years.

I got into the wrong profession.

My last job and my current job do not pay me anywhere close to 9 million dollars.

2 hours ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

Has it been mentioned that the Timberwolves want him in their front office as well? Hope NU can win this bidding war - UNLV appears to be in the mix as well and UCLA isn’t going quietly....

I think the T-wolves would look at him as a coach not a GM.

I also think they might stick with Ryan Saunders though and just go look for a GM.

I think I just discovered the Moos back channel to Hoiberg.

Mark Hankins (NUs golf coach that Moos hired this past summer) was Fred's college roommate at ISU.   I would bet a large sum of money that Moos had Hankins reach out to Fred (similar to how he had Davison working on Frost).

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Mark Hankins (NUs golf coach that Moos hired this past summer) was Fred's college roommate at ISU.   I would bet a large sum of money that Moos had Hankins reach out to Fred (similar to how he had Davison working on Frost).

Image result for good work detective gif

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So you are saying this is par for the course for how Moos works....................

I will see myself out. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6
  • Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach