Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I think I just discovered the Moos back channel to Hoiberg.

Mark Hankins (NUs golf coach that Moos hired this past summer) was Fred's college roommate at ISU.   I would bet a large sum of money that Moos had Hankins reach out to Fred (similar to how he had Davison working on Frost).

Can confirm:

http://www.antiqueauto.org/assets/roomy.png

I gotta say, I need a journalist to ask how this went down. 
Did Moos know of that connection when he HIRED Hankins as Golf Coach? Did he know of it because Hankins mentioned it at the interview? Or did Moos go after Hankins specifically because he knew of the relationship PRIOR to interviewing Hankins.

In a related thought, if Hankins was involved he probably deserves some kind of a bonus from the university. While being a Golf Coach for a major university has to be a pretty sweet gig in it's own right, it has to be a bummer to see the salary that your former college roommate gets these days, compared to your own.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

So you are saying this is par for the course for how Moos works....................

I will see myself out. 

If Fred doesnt take the job, I hope it doesn’t put a wedge between them. (Bad anyway you slice it...) 

i

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Mark Hankins (NUs golf coach that Moos hired this past summer) was Fred's college roommate at ISU.   I would bet a large sum of money that Moos had Hankins reach out to Fred (similar to how he had Davison working on Frost).

Man, if Moos hired a new golf coach with a year long foresight of eventually using that connection to get a better basketball coach, that's some 4D galaxy chess playing.

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Or that Fred’s niece works in for Basketball department. 

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

You mean our presumed next AD Mark Hankins? Was next in line at Iowa to become AD and was hired as our golf coach. This has been brewing since he was hired

13 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

"Lars and I" can now confirm the hire.:D

I have to admit I have a concern with Lars (and it's not just a him thing, a lot of national media people do this). If a local media person had done what he did yesterday, they probably would've been creamed. He's in Alabama so he doesn't really care about the ramifications of sharing this stuff. Puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on a lot of different areas. Seemed like a pretty self-serving tweet on his part.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I have to admit I have a concern with Lars (and it's not just a him thing, a lot of national media people do this). If a local media person had done what he did yesterday, they probably would've been creamed. He's in Alabama so he doesn't really care about the ramifications of sharing this stuff. Puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on a lot of different areas. Seemed like a pretty self-serving tweet on his part.

Lars does feel that heat though. He has claimed when he broke or confirmed the Frost rumors it pissed a few people off and Frost will probably never talk to him again.

He is sharing what his sources tell him. 

• Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach