Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Lars does feel that heat though. He has claimed when he broke or confirmed the Frost rumors it pissed a few people off and Frost will probably never talk to him again.

He is sharing what his sources tell him. 

That's true.

I tend to lean on the side of 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should.' Miles has a tough job in a volatile industry, but there's still a human component to all of this that I sympathize with.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

That's true.

I tend to lean on the side of 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should.' Miles has a tough job in a volatile industry, but there's still a human component to all of this that I sympathize with.

+1 This  bolded 100%. People sticking their noses in everybody’s business, so they get noticed is the world we live in.

Take care of your own sh*t and butt the he** out. 

• Plus1 1

While many of us don't care for medias approach, we encourage it every time we read a story.  Their job is to create emotion- regardless of who it impacts.  Lars is just doing his job.  The real issue is that he is being fed information from someone inside and that person is likely receiving compensation in some form or another for the information.    

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

That's true.

I agree with you and I am not a big fan of Moos doing it this way but it seems like when I shared that viewpoint most people basically said its a business and Miles would get over it.

The one positive to it going down like this, is that Miles was able to say good bye last night at the Vault.. That was a cool game.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Enhance said:

I have to admit I have a concern with Lars (and it's not just a him thing, a lot of national media people do this). If a local media person had done what he did yesterday, they probably would've been creamed. He's in Alabama so he doesn't really care about the ramifications of sharing this stuff. Puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on a lot of different areas. Seemed like a pretty self-serving tweet on his part.

Oh, it definitely is.... I was mainly poking fun at Hedley during the Frost hire.:lol:

5 hours ago, Enhance said:

That's true.

5 hours ago, TAKODA said:

+1 This  bolded 100%. People sticking their noses in everybody’s business, so they get noticed is the world we live in.

Take care of your own sh*t and butt the he** out. 

Unfortunately, that's not how the media works. 

43 minutes ago, RavHuskr said:

Moos is damned if he does or if he doesn't.   If he fired Miles after the Big10 tourney he would have been taken to task for not letting him finish coaching the team just like he is now for letting him continue coaching with the whispers he has someone already hired.

I agree and that is one reason I am starting to back off on my hate for Moos choice.

While I would prefer he just cut bait, I also dont want to be stuck in a situation where he doesnt have a plan in place.

Moos has to have a plan and honestly if he does get Hoiberg that is a huge hire. 

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I agree and that is one reason I am starting to back off on my hate for Moos choice.

While I would prefer he just cut bait, I also dont want to be stuck in a situation where he doesnt have a plan in place.

Moos has to have a plan and honestly if he does get Hoiberg that is a huge hire. 

I think he realizes it is a better look for the university if they have someone hired as quick as possible after firing the previous coach. It creates a persona that it is a desirable job. VS the option 15 years ago when we fired Solich and we were stumbling around looking for a coach with all the eye balls on us. Or Tennessee last year looking for a football coach. 

Keep Miles in place, let everyone focus on him and the current team while you lock in your next coach behind closed doors. Announce him soon after you fire Miles and we dont risk looking stupid scrambling for 4-6 weeks trying to find a coach.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
32 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Yeah, we know that Moos was in touch with Frost well before Riley was officially gone, and that he keeps a list of potential candidates handy for pretty much all coaching positions. I think Moos has a plan and just feels there's nothing to be gained by dropping the axe early. Might as well let the guy leave with a bit of dignity.

6 minutes ago, Toe said:

Yeah, we know that Moos was in touch with Frost well before Riley was officially gone, and that he keeps a list of potential candidates handy for pretty much all coaching positions. I think Moos has a plan and just feels there's nothing to be gained by dropping the axe early. Might as well let the guy leave with a bit of dignity.

Was just going to post this.  I think it's a classy move to not fire Miles, personally.  Let the guy finish out the season.  We all like him and wish he would've succeeded but he didn't.  Show him how much we like him by not firing him until the bitter end.

From everything I've heard, from multiple people with ties, I will absolutely stunned if we don't get Hoiberg.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach