Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

26 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Plus if the rumors are true about $4 Million Per. Iowa State isn't paying that.

I dont think we need to worry as much about the per year salary as we need to make sure the assistant coach pool is big enough for Hoiberg to get the guys around him.

While I think Miles failed on his own, if it is true that the lack of support from up-top was an issue, we need Moos to go all in to support the program to truly create a winner.

I dont really buy that we havent already given a lot of support but I know the stories out there did poke some holes in that. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I dont think we need to worry as much about the per year salary as we need to make sure the assistant coach pool is big enough for Hoiberg to get the guys around him.

While I think Miles failed on his own, if it is true that the lack of support from up-top was an issue, we need Moos to go all in to support the program to truly create a winner.

I dont really buy that we havent already given a lot of support but I know the stories out there did poke some holes in that. 

I understand. But if Iowa State isnt going to pay 4 mill. for the head coach. They probably cant match our money for the assistant pool. 

I think Moos is committed to spending $$$ to get our athletic department flourishing. 

5 hours ago, funhusker said:

Why not?

If Hoiberg has signed a contract, I don't see a legal issue in announcing.  But I also don't see a reason to announce while the team is still playing with Miles as coach.

If he hasn't signed anything yet, then there is nothing to announce.

Legally, for certain public sector jobs, the opening has to be posted externally for at least a few days.

4 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Talked to an ISU fan today and he told me that ISU doesn’t want Fred back. Mentioned something about bad blood between Fred and the AD. 

I dont know much about ISU B-Ball but figured he knows more than I do so figured I’d share. 

That there may be some issue between Hoiberg & AD may be true, but I’ll take all of the Cyclone fan’s opinions that I see on Twitter over your one ISU fan.

However, if a large pool for assistant coaches is important to Hoiberg, I have to believe Nebraska can out-resource ISU.

Just now, RedSavage said:

Aside from being his alma mater and playing there, idk why he’d take that job.  Would be a pretty big step down imo.  

Yep, you got something going at ISU so why leave all that you have built?

Alabama would be a rebuild and I think it is more difficult to get into the tourney because 7 or more Big Twelve teams usually get in. Iowa State can be top 7 or so and make it in every year. No reason for him to leave and it makes sense to stay in Ames even though Bama is his alma mater. 

• Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach