Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

Yeah there was a sports pundit that was commenting today about Hoiberg should wait for the Alabama job to come open before accepting the Nebraska one and I just scratched my head.  The Alabama job isn't better.  Alabama basketball does not matter on the national scene anymore than Nebraska does.  Alabama is Antonio McDyess, Roy Rogers, Collin Sexton and no hardware.  Nebraska is Ty Lue, Eric Piatkowski, Mikki Moore and no trophies.  I understand that Nebraska hasn't won a tourney game and Alabama has but it's barely a blip to me.  Nobody talks about Crimson Tide basketball.  They live in the shadow of their football program and always will.  Sometimes I think it's a gag reflex to elevate an SEC program before even thinking about the logic behind it. 

Fwiw, 

I was in Des Moines for basketball last two days.  I sat at a table with guy who played with FH at ISU.  He was there to watch Iowa game with friends.  I asked him what he thought with current situation.  He talked with FH day of his sons game.  He said he doesn’t believe Prohm is leaving for 2-3 years and said 95% we get FH.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

That there may be some issue between Hoiberg & AD may be true, but I’ll take all of the Cyclone fan’s opinions that I see on Twitter over your one ISU fan.

However, if a large pool for assistant coaches is important to Hoiberg, I have to believe Nebraska can out-resource ISU.

No problem nothing wrong with that

7 hours ago, Creightonoldcrout said:

Will not matter if you make it back to The basketball capital of Nebraska at the Chi center in omaha.  Timmy will be back!

TM's return is yet to be determined.

Who you really should be concerned about returning is the infraction committee.....

• Haha 6

56 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's probably safer to subdue the excitement until he's introduced as head coach, but man, Sipple all but says it's a done deal in this article.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-nu-may-be-set-to-enter-rarefied/article_9f90633a-c71d-5eea-adec-643893ff0b47.html

From what I’ve heard it is done deal with contract signed. 

• Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach