Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

I think Roby needs to mature still and definitely needs to learn how to play defense without being in constant foul trouble. He still doesn’t play near aggressive enough on offense. Shot has been mediocre. Miles hasn’t developed him to his full potential. He would be silly to not stick around and develop under Hoiberg and improve his draft stock after having an NBA caliber coach and being in a year of Hoiberg’s fast pace offense with a much higher ppg average.

• Plus1 1
On 3/19/2019 at 11:57 AM, Minnesota_husker said:

Offensively, maybe. Defensively I think Miles is fairly decent. 

Part of the problem was Jim Molinari was brought in and he never has been an offensive mind. He has helped with defense but the other guys they have brought in are more recruiters it seems like. They never brought in a guy who Miles could trust to let lose on the offense.

I certainly agree Smith is a better coach.

Timmy might not have been able to trust them to lose, but the fan base sure could.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

Thad Matta is interviewing for the Bama job.  This could be a blessing for us.  

Man if that is true that is such a smart move by Thad and I think something that will be a new trend.  I think Crean started it last year, go to a football school where basketball is almost forgotten and enjoy your life.  

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Man if that is true that is such a smart move by Thad and I think something that will be a new trend.  I think Crean started it last year, go to a football school where basketball is almost forgotten and enjoy your life.  

...and smart by Hoiberg. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, hskerholic said:

Prohm has already turned down Bama. Plus Hoiberg doesn’t like Pollard. 

Where exactly did you see the bolded? I've heard this repeated a couple of times but have yet to see definitive proof of this. I know in the post game presser of their loss to OSU he said he was happy at ISU and wants to be the best coach he can there but it was far from a "Im not interested in the Bama job". Especially considering his AD was standing in the room. Also, given how ISU played in that game against OSU (awful) I wouldn't be surprised if something is up with him.

• Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach