Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

https://athlonsports.com/college-basketball/why-fred-hoiberg-coaching-nebraska-basketball-common-sense

I'm sure that Moos is letting Hoiberg express his preference on when to announce, both from an optics standpoint and also for maximum recruiting exposure.

With that in mind, I would suggest making the hiring announcement THURSDAY to get some "breaking news" air play during March Madness games. Then Hoiberg will be free to talk on camera when reporters hit him up at the FRIDAY Michigan State game, where he will (no doubt) be in attendance.

Just now, Cdog923 said:

Nebraska's basketball facilities are almost immaculate. 

So in my mind we are a good destination for a coach. Win a tournament game. That’s all you have to do. You don’t have to worry about the limelight if that bothers you, because football is king. But you still get sellout crowds. You have to recruit to Nebraska, which might be hard, but our facilities are much improved so it’s easier now or should be.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You have to recruit to Nebraska, which might be hard, but our facilities are much improved so it’s easier now or should be.

I can tell you it will be a lot LESS HARD with Hoiberg at the helm. His NBA experience and a fun-to-run offense (combined with Nebraska's sell out crowds and great new arena) should attract our share of playmakers, including a number with legitimate NBA aspirations.

Learned a few new things about Fred here: https://www.coachesdatabase.com/fred-hoiberg/

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Probably better, as he is a coach's son.   Johnny is not the most talented, but he gives 200%.

But he thinks firing Miles will set this program back years. I’m trying to figure out what progress we’ve made from not winning a tournament game to not winning a tournament game. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach