Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

5 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

Well now I'm concerned....maybe i shouldn't be, but i would not have expected that timeline. I also would not have expected a flat "No" on potential candidates. I would have hoped for a "we have a short list."

Yea, it's not overly encouraging but hopefully he's just being tight lipped

Edit:  Not overly encouraging regarding Hoiberg.  I do think and have confidence (not that I didn't already) that Moos will get this right.

He's being tight-lipped. Nebraska Fan very much remembers the genius of Pederson firing Solich with no replacement in place. We will not allow that mistake to be made twice.

Moos has his man lined up. They're waiting for the right timing, which may coincide with just before the Final Four, to maximize publicity.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

5 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

Well now I'm concerned....maybe i shouldn't be, but i would not have expected that timeline. I also would not have expected a flat "No" on potential candidates. I would have hoped for a "we have a short list."

Maybe Hoiberg wants to announce assistants at the same time & they have to be vetted or are coaching on teams still playing.

Just now, knapplc said:

He's being tight-lipped. Nebraska Fan very much remembers the genius of Pederson firing Solich with no replacement in place.

Moos has his man lined up. They're waiting for the right timing, which may coincide with just before the Final Four, to maximize publicity.

And or, for the choosen one to rally anyone he is looking to possibly bring in. 

30 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

Important to listen to his quote about “Be patient, it will turn out in the end”

Also, Fred’s son is still playing in tourney.  May not want to take away from his son’s (and sons teams) experience.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

Important to listen to his quote about “Be patient, it will turn out in the end”

Also, Freda son is still playing in tourney.  May not want to take away from his experience.  

This is the thought I just had, too.  Fred wants to go see his son enjoy the tournament for MSU.  He doesn't want to take away from his son's experience and be the center of attention.

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This is the thought I just had, too.  Fred wants to go see his son enjoy the tournament for MSU.  He doesn't want to take away from his son's experience and be the center of attention.

This. If Fred is hired today, then his son and Izzo would be peppered with questions and taking away from MSU tourney.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

This. If Fred is hired today, then his son and Izzo would be peppered with questions and taking away from MSU tourney.  

Well, his son is such a minor player for MSU, I doubt he and Izzo would be peppered with questions.  But, they would probably be quick to try and interview Hoiberg about taking the job at NU in the middle of the game where Fred would respond "I am excited for the opportunity, but I am here to watch my son and his team."

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach