Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

Hey, if you want to do something fun, read through the "Replacements for Miles" thread. Now that we know it will be the Mayor, some of the hot takes and speculation are entertaining.

I do have a question though. The two knocks against Hoiberg in that thread were 1) He won't leave the NBA (we now know that was off the mark) & 2) He hates recruiting. Can anyone explain where this "he hates recruiting" deal comes from?

Personally I don't care how much he hates recruiting (if he in fact does) as long as he can wrangle some similar results in Lincoln as he did in Ames.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Hey, if you want to do something fun, read through the "Replacements for Miles" thread. Now that we know it will be the Mayor, some of the hot takes and speculation are entertaining.

I do have a question though. The two knocks against Hoiberg in that thread were 1) He won't leave the NBA (we now know that was off the mark) & 2) He hates recruiting. Can anyone explain where this "he hates recruiting" deal comes from?

Personally I don't care how much he hates recruiting (if he in fact does) as long as he can wrangle some similar results in Lincoln as he did in Ames.

Probably the same people who said Frost hated recruiting and that’s why he was gonna stay at UCF 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I think it's the process and the amount of time.  He will have good asst. Recruit & he will be the closer. 

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Straight from the horses mouth: 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I think it's the process and the amount of time.  He will have good asst. Recruit & he will be the closer. 

But what I'm looking for is some quote or proof that Fred Hoiberg, himself, hates recruiting as was claimed by people in there. Everyone knows it's a process and requires time and effort but where/when has Fred said he doesn't like to recruit?