Fred Hoiberg To Be Named Next Nebraska Coach

On 3/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, Red Five said:

I think I just discovered the Moos back channel to Hoiberg.

Mark Hankins (NUs golf coach that Moos hired this past summer) was Fred's college roommate at ISU.   I would bet a large sum of money that Moos had Hankins reach out to Fred (similar to how he had Davison working on Frost).

Patting myself on the back for this take.

• Fire 1
42 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Listened to a lot of the presser.  Pretty evident that Bill Moos is a closer, get him some coffee!   No where near the slam dunk a lot of people were claiming it to be.  Once again, Bill played the low key, "when you are ready to talk, we are motivated" role.  I don't care if he has a drink or two with local Huskers....Bill Moos is the real deal in my opinion!!!

Hoiberg may have connections to the state of Nebraska and the University, but he still could have had his pick of jobs in college basketball and kept his options open for the NBA.  Moos deserves a TON of credit for this hire.  Hoiberg was his #1 target, and Moos got him.

EDIT:  It's pretty cool to see all the reaction from NBA players and former college studs who played under Hoiberg.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Being relatively new here, how do you reverse a quote you did by mistake?  Help!

Click on either the 'X hours ago, Y said' part or the 4-way arrow at the top-left corner and then hit Delete.

Hoiberg talked about his wife and him flying American a week ago and coming across a big spread in their news magazine on Nebraska and its growth and what it has to offer young people. I tracked that article down and it is 29 pages and is actually a very impressive read. It also highlights the University, football program, the Vault, etc. go to page #107

http://americanway.ink-live.com/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=American Way&edid=6c762fac-3286-4603-9357-b49495943bc6

• Plus1 4

As a life long Iowan (I grew up in SW Iowa) and Husker fan, gotta admit it was awkward at first seeing Hoiberg in Husker gear.

I'm roughly the same age as Hoiberg and very much remember his playing days at Iowa St.

Moos continues to prove he wasn't a homerun hire, but a grand slam hire.

11 hours ago, Toe said:

Click on either the 'X hours ago, Y said' part or the 4-way arrow at the top-left corner and then hit Delete.

Which browser are you using?  I use primarily Chrome or Brave and neither will allow me to do what you suggested!  Thanks!  Maybe a mod could PM me.  I'm not computer illiterate, but every site has it's little secrets. Also I'm attempting to do this while editing after posting.  Maybe that makes a difference.